This creamy tuna pasta salad is a delicious, healthy, light meal that will be ready in less than ten minutes. This salad has healthy ingredients and wonderful flavours. It made with bell peppers, sweetcorn, spring onions, kidney beans, and pasta all covered with a delicious creamy sauce made with mayonnaise and yogurt.
This creamy salad is a budget-friendly dish, and it is an excellent choice for a packed lunch or to take on a picnic. I like to serve this tuna pasta salad cold. Also, I keep any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Ingredients you need to make these creamy Tuna Pasta Salad:
Uncooked pasta, any kind
Ground black pepper
Kidney beans (canned)
Onion, finely diced
Orange bell pepper, diced
Red bell pepper, diced
Spring onion, finely chopped
Cooking the pasta: Start by cooking the pasta according to the packet instructions.
Mixing everything: In a bowl, add orange bell peppers, red bell peppers, sweetcorn, kidney beans, spring onions, and the cooked pasta. Next add the tuna and mix everything together.
Preparing the sauce: In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, plain yoghurt, Dijon mustard, ground black pepper, and salt. Pour the sauce mixture over the tuna mixture. Mix well then serve.
Use any pasta you like; however, I recommend the small kinds.
Chickpeas can be a replacement to kidney beans.
If you don't want to use mayonnaise, I recommend using Greek yoghurt.
What else to add to this salad?
You can add some green or black olives, some chopped basil, or dill.
Is tuna healthy?
Yes, it is. Tuna has high levels of omega-3 that help reduce LDL cholesterol, which affects the heart badly.
If you are seeking delicious and easy make salads, check out these links:
If you made this recipe, let me know how it turned out in the comments section below.
Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad
- 300 g uncooked pasta
- 2 cans tuna , drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise , any kind
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 400 g kidney beans canned , drained
- ½ onion , finely diced
- 1 orange bell pepper , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 cup sweetcorn , canned
- 2 spring onion , finely chopped
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- In a bowl, add orange bell peppers, red bell peppers, sweetcorn, kidney beans, spring onions, and the cooked pasta. Next add the tuna and mix everything together.
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, plain yoghurt, Dijon mustard, ground black pepper, and salt. Pour the sauce mixture over the tuna mixture.
- Mix well then serve.