Pasta with veggies is an easy and great way to make the most out of the fresh veggies you have in the fridge. This vegetable pasta is easy to make, delicious, and made with just a few ingredients; no meat, no cheese, just pasta and veggies.
If you are searching for the perfect vegetable pasta recipe for dinner, search no more. This vegetarian pasta recipe is loaded with vegetables: carrots, peas, onions, garlic, and bell peppers. Plus, it will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
What's in this vegetarian pasta?
Pasta: Use any kind and shape you like.
Veggies: In this recipe, I use carrots, peas, and bell peppers. However, you can add or replace with any veggies you have in the fridge.
Garlic and onions: Both give the veggies and pasta a lovely flavor.
Herbs and seasonings: This recipe calls for Italian seasoning that provides an excellent taste along with salt and pepper.
Tomato sauce: You can use (chopped tomato in tomato sauce) or just any tomato sauce you prefer along with tomato paste.
How to make this Pasta with Veggies recipe?
Heat some oil in a pot or skillet on medium heat. Add carrots, bell peppers, and onions. Sauté for 3 minutes until they become soft. Then add garlic, salt, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning, stir.
Now add the pasta, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, and peas. Put the lid on and bring the mixture to a boil. Keep cooking for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked.
Garnish with parsley then serve.
- For maximum flavor use fresh vegetables.
- Other veggies to use in this recipe include spinach, green beans, mushrooms, corn and celery.
- If you don't want to use chicken broth for any reason, you can replace it with water, but you will have to add ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon onion powder to adjust the taste.
More Pasta with Veggies Recipes
Easy One-Pot Pasta with Veggies
- 1 onion , diced
- 2 carrots , diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 1 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peas
- 300 g uncooked pasta
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 5 cups chicken broth/ water
- 1 tablespoon parsley , chopped (for serving)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan optional
- Heat some oil in a pot or skillet on medium heat. Add carrots, bell peppers, and onions. Sauté for 3 minutes until they become soft.
- Then add garlic, salt, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning, stir.
- Now add the pasta, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, and peas. Put the lid on and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Keep cooking for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley then serve.