Easy shrimp tacos made with well-seasoned shrimp, avocado, cabbage, feta cheese, and topped with creamy shrimp taco sauce. These healthy shrimp tacos will be ready in less than 20 minutes, and all the family will love them.
If you have some shrimp in your freezer, why don't you try this shrimp taco recipe? It is healthy, delicious, and flavourful.
Easy Shrimp Taco ingredients
Spring onion, chopped
Green cabbage, shredded
Purple cabbage, shredded
Avocado, cut into small pieces
Feta cheese, crumbles
How to make these Easy Shrimp Tacos?
Making the taco sauce: Put all the taco sauce ingredients in the food processor and mix until a smooth mixture forms.
Cooking the shrimp: Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel then mix it with chilli powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Make sure the shrimp are coated well with the spices.
Next, heat some butter on a skillet over medium heat. Cook the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side then turn off the heat.
Preparing the fillings: Shred green and purple cabbage, dice the avocado, and crumble the feta cheese.
Assembling everything: Go in this order.
In each taco shell add: some green cabbage, purple cabbage, one tablespoon of the taco sauce, shrimps, some chopped avocado, and then sprinkle some feta crumbles. Add more sauce if you like.
What can replace the cilantro?
You can replace cilantro with fresh parsley or basil.
Can I use tortilla wraps instead of taco shells?
Yes, you can. Just use mini tortilla wraps. You can also choose to toast them over the stove flame.
What other ingredients can I add to this Easy Shrimp Tacos?
You can add tomatoes, cucumber, radish, sweetcorn, or lettuce.
What to serve with these Easy Shrimp Tacos?
The best dishes to serve with this shrimp taco is a salad, roasted veggies, or potatoes.
Can I top this shrimp tacos with different sauce?
Yes, you can serve these tacos with sriracha sauce (if you like it spicy) or with homemade guacamole.
How to make guacamole?
Blend the below ingredients using the blender or food processor.
1 avocado, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, ½ jalapeno pod, ¼ cup cilantro, one lemon juice, and 1 tbsp cider vinegar.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
Easy Shrimp Tacos
- ½ cup spring onion, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 16 taco shells
- 2 cups green cabbage , shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage , shredded
- 1 avocado , cut into small pieces
- 150 g feta cheese , crumbled
To make the sauce
- Place all the auce ingredients in the blender or food processor and mix until a smooth mixture forms.
To cook the shrimp
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel then put them in a mixing bowl and mix with cumin, chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Coat the shrimp well with the spices.
- After that, heat the butter on a skillet over medium heat and cook the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side.
To Prepare the fillings
- Shred green and purple cabbage, dice the avocado, and crumble the feta cheese.
To Assemble everything
- In each taco shell add: some green cabbage, purple cabbage, one tablespoon of the taco sauce, shrimps, some chopped avocado, and then sprinkle some feta crumbles. Then add more sauce if you like.