Mediterranean couscous salad is such a simple couscous recipe in which couscous is mixed with veggies and feta cheese then drizzled with a tangy lemon and herbs dressing.
This couscous salad is delicious and easy to make. It is suitable to serve for lunch or light dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
What is couscous?
Couscous is small, steamed balls made of durum wheat semolina. It is very popular in Morocco, Greece, and most of Arab countries. Couscous can come in different sizes; small which is Moroccan, medium which called pearls, and large which is Lebanese. Couscous recipes can be savoury or sweet.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad Ingredients
For the couscous
Medium size couscous
For the dressing
Ground black pepper
For the salad
Spring onion, chopped
Cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
Red bell pepper, diced
Feta cheese, cut into small cubes
Wild rocket, chopped
How to make Mediterranean Couscous Salad
Preparing the couscous: Put couscous, salt, and oil in a small mixing bowl then pour hot water over them, stir then cover for 5-10 minutes. After that, fluff the couscous with a fork then set aside.
Making the salad: Combine all the salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Then add the couscous and mix.
Making the dressing: In a small jug mix all the dressing ingredients well. Then pour over the couscous salad, stir, and serve.
- Taste and adjust the salt; I can’t instruct more than ½ tsp salt because it may be too salty for others. But to me, it was perfect with 1 tsp salt.
- I used a medium-sized couscous. However, you can use large-sized if you like.
- Any kind of vinegar will work well: cider, white, or balsamic.
- If you like them chocolaty, add 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Can I make this Mediterranean Couscous Salad low carb?
Yes, you can if you changed the couscous with anything else like cauliflower. However, it won't be a couscous salad anymore :). To do that, you need to steam or boil the cauliflower, drain, then put in the blender and blend until a cauliflower rice form. Then follow the instructions above.
How to store and freeze this Mediterranean couscous salad?
This couscous salad can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
If you want to freeze it, put it in a well-sealed container then freeze for 1-2 months and when you need it, let it thaw in room temperature.
What else can I add to this Mediterranean Couscous Salad?
You can add chickpeas, cucumber, steamed broccoli, beans, or lettuce.
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- ½ cup Couscous
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 spring onion , chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes , cut into quarters
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- ½ cup black olives
- 75 g feta cheese , cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup wild rocket , chopped
- Put couscous,oil, and, salt, in a mixing bowl then pour hot water over them, stir then cover for 5-10 minutes. After that, fluff the couscous with a fork and set aside.
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a big serving bowl. Then add the couscous and mix.
- To make the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients well in a small jug. Then pour over the couscous salad, stir, and serve.