This shrimp appetizers has well-seasoned shrimp over creamy guacamole on a piece of smoked salmon and a crunchy slice of cucumber. These are easy party appetizers.
Why should I make this easy shrimp appetizers?
There are so many reasons you should love this recipe.
- They are healthy appetizers. Check what this recipe made of: shrimp, salmon, cucumber, avocado, and coriander. All the ingredients are super healthy.
- The recipe is so easy to make. These appetizers will come together in no time at all.
- It’s an instant crowd pleaser. This is my go-to recipe for party snacks. I usually triple this recipe when I have a crowd.
Shrimp Appetizers ingredients
Guacamole: Avocado, lemon juice, coriander, minced onion, and some salt.
For the shrimp: Cooked shrimp, salt, ground black pepper, and cumin.
Other ingredients: Smoked salmon, and cucumber.
How to make this cold shrimp appetizer recipe?
Preparing the shrimp:
In a small bowl mix the cooked shrimp with salt, black pepper, and cumin.
Preparing the cucumber:
Wash, drain, then slice the cucumber to ½-inch slices.
Preparing the smoked salmon:
Slice smoked salmon about 2 inches wide and 3 inches long.
Preparing the Guacamole:
Peel and cut the avocado then put in the blender. Add lemon juice, coriander, onion, and salt then blend well until you have a thick, smooth mixture.
Assembling the appetizers:
Arrange the cucumber slices on the serving plate. Top the cucumber with a smoked salmon slice, a spoonful of guacamole, and one shrimp the on top. Then poke a toothpick in the middle to secure the appetizer and make it easy to eat.
What if I like to buy raw shrimp and cook it myself?
To cook the shrimp: Season the shrimp with cumin, salt, and black pepper.
Heat some butter on a non-stick skillet on medium heat then cook the shrimp on both sides for 3-4 minutes each side.
Don't stick the toothpick through the shrimp or the guacamole will squeeze out and make a mess.
Feel free to double or triple the recipe if you have a big crowd.
More party food
Shrimp Appetizers - Easy Party Appetizers
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon juice
- ¼ cup coriander
- ½ cup onion , minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 g cooked shrimp (about 23 shrimps)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 cucumber slice (about ½ inch)
- Mix the cooked shrimp with salt, black pepper, and cumin then set aside.
- Slice the cucumber to ½-inch slices.
- Slice smoked salmon about 2 inches wide and 3 inches long slices.
- Peel and cut the avocado then put in the blender. Add lemon juice, coriander, onion, and salt then blend well until you have a thick, smooth mixture.
Assembling the appetizers
- Arrange the cucumber slices on the serving plate then top them with a smoked salmon slice, a spoonful of guacamole, and one shrimp the on top. After that, poke a toothpick in the middle.