My Peach Overnight Oats have a creamy texture and fruity taste; they are incredibly simple to whip up and perfect for meal prep. Prepare these easy peach overnight oats at night and enjoy a hassle-free breakfast in the morning.
Peach Overnight Oats Recipe
Honestly, This recipe adds flavor to oatmeal that would otherwise be considered boring. They also have a thick, chewy texture, creamy consistency and a nice fruity taste.
I find this recipe perfect for busy mornings when I do not have much time to prepare breakfast. It allows me to wake up in the morning with a healthy meal that is ready to eat.
You may also meal prep this overnight oat days in advance to avoid stressing about what you will eat every morning.
It is also flexible and adaptable because I can add toppings or substitute peach for any other fruit.
Why We Love This Recipe
- It requires minimal effort to prepare.
- It requires fewer than a handful of ingredients.
- This recipe is also made using a few basic kitchen utensils.
- It is a convenient, make-ahead breakfast choice. It is ready from the previous day, so you have a grab-and-go meal in the morning.
- It is sugar-free.
Greek yogurt: I use Greek yogurt because it adds a thick, creamy texture to my overnight oats.
Milk. I use whole milk to make the recipe creamier. You can use the milk of your choice; if you like to make this recipe vegan, use non-dairy milk, such as soy milk or almond milk.
Honey. I prefer to use honey to bring a sweet taste to the dish. You can use maple syrup, stevia or sugar.
Vanilla bean paste. It adds a sweet scent and flavor, you can use vanilla extract instead.
Chia seeds. When mixed with liquids in this recipe, it develops a gelatinous coating that thickens the overnight oats.
Rolled oats. I like to use rolled oats over quick-cooking oats because they absorb the liquid gradually, becoming tender without becoming mushy, creating a superb texture for my overnight oats.
Ground cinnamon. I use only ½ teaspoon to flavor the mixture.
Salt. I add only a pinch to enhances and balances other flavors.
Peach. I highly recommend using fresh ripe peaches, but you can use frozen peaches. However, you will have to defrost them first. You can also use canned peaches.
“See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.”
How To Make Peach Overnight Oats Step by Step
One: In a mixing bowl, mix yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla (photo 1).
Two: Add in chia seeds, rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, and peach, and stir together until combined (photo 2).
Three: Mix everything until combined (photo 3).
Four: Divide the mixture evenly between 2 jars and cover with lids, and put in the fridge overnight (photo 4).
Variations & Substitutions
- You have the option of adding a variety of toppings. Some toppings that can be added to this recipe include dried fruits, berries, and banana slices.
- For extra protein, add a teaspoon of peanut butter or almond butter.
You can also serve it cold, or It can be warmed in the microwave, depending on a person’s preference.
How To Store: Seal and store the oats in jar and place in the fridge. It will for last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Meal Prep: To meal prep this dish, double the recipe, divide it into portions in glass jars, and put them in the fridge for every day's breakfast; they will last for 3-4 days. You can also add peaches just before serving to achieve a crunchy texture.
The consistency of this meal is determined by the amount of liquid used and the decision to use frozen or fresh fruits. A thick creamy consistency is preferred, and it can be achieved by using less liquid and fresh fruit.
The name of this meal suggests that the dish is left to sit overnight. However, the significant implication of this name is that the oatmeal needs to sit for some time. You can leave it for at least 2 hours, but it is ideal if you let it stay overnight.
More Overnight Oat Recipes
Peach Overnight Oats Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, mix together yogurt, milk, honey and vanilla.½ cup plain Greek yogurt, ¾ cup whole milk, 2 tablespoon honey, ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Add in chia seeds, rolled oats, cinnamon, salt and peach, and stir together until combined.1 tablespoon chia seeds, ½ cup rolled oats, pinch of salt, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 peach
- Divide the mixture evenly between 2 jars and cover with lids, and put in the fridge overnight.
- I highly recommend using fresh peaches. However, you can use frozen peaches but you will have to defrost them first.
- You can also add peaches just before eating to achieve a crunchy texture.
- You can use canned peaches if the fruits are unavailable or out of season.