Chicken stew is a delicious, healthy, and filling. It is not only a perfect dish for cold winter days, but is also good enough to serve all year round! This chicken stew has lots of vegetables, tones of flavors, and the best part is that it’s all made in one pot.
This chicken stew is the best comforting food on a chilly day, and it comes together in no time. Serve this stew for dinner and I am sure all your family will love it.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
Which ingredients do we need?
Chicken: Using chicken breast is preferable for this recipe.
Veggies: I love to use lots of veggies in this recipe such as celery, carrots, potatoes, onions, and garlic.
Herbs and seasonings: This stew is loaded flavours of thyme, oregano, rosemary, bay leaves, salt, and ground black pepper.
How to make this chicken stew and Veggies?
In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat then add celery, carrots, onions, and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add chicken, ground black pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and salt. Mix everything and sauté for another 3 minutes. After that add the potatoes and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil and keep cooking for 17-18 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
Garnish with dill then serve.
- If the stew needs more liquids, add some water.
- Cut the vegetables into a medium size; not too small, so they don't get overly soft while the stew is simmering.
- This chicken stew can freeze for a whole month and can reheat very well over the stove or in the microwave.
- If you want to make this stew spicy, add half tablespoon hot sauce. It will add to the flavour.
How to thicken the stew?
Add two tablespoons of corn-starch to 3 tablespoons of water in a cup. Mix it well then pour over the stew while hot.
What side dishes to serve with this chicken stew?
This healthy chicken stew can be served with pasta, rice, or a piece of bread.
Can I make this chicken stew using the slow cooker?
Yes, you can. First, you need to brown the chicken; don't skip this step. Then follow the instructions above.
More Stew Recipes
Chicken Stew With Veggies
- 500 g chicken breasts , cut into small pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 potatoes , cubed
- 1 onion , diced
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 carrots , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary , chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dill , chopped (for serving)
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat then add celery, carrots, onions, and garlic.
- Sauté for 3 minutes. Add chicken, ground black pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and salt.
- Mix everything and sauté for another 3 minutes. After that add the potatoes and chicken broth.
- Bring everything to a boil and keep cooking for 17-18 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Garnish with dill then serve.