These Chocolate chip banana muffins are fluffy and moist and bursting with banana flavor and chocolate chips. My go-to recipe for an easy breakfast or snack with a cup of coffee, of course!
Banana Muffins With Chocolate Chips Recipe
I used some ripe bananas that I had, and no one wanted to eat them, and I didn't want them to go to waste.
I didn't use vegetable oil in making these banana muffins; and I used butter instead. After making these muffins for so long, I came to the conclusion that they have the best taste and texture when using butter.
This banana muffin recipe was so simple, quick and easy to make. They bake in less than 30 minutes, and they turn out AMAZING; we didn't have any of these muffins by the end of the day 🙂. I am sure if you try this recipe, it will be your new favourite.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Ingredients
- White Sugar: To sweeten the muffins.
- Butter: I prefer unsalted butter.
- Bananas: I used very ripe bananas.
- All purpose flour: Also known as plain flour.
- Baking powder & Baking soda: To give the muffins a fluffy, soft texture.
- Eggs: I recommend using large eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract: For etra flavor.
- Dark chocolate chips: I prefer dark chocolate, but you can use milk chocolate or even white chocolate chips.
- Powdered sugar (optional): My daughter's idea for topping!
“See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.”
What If I Don't Have Ripe Bananas?
If you don't have ripe bananas, simply, place the bananas (skin on )on an ovenproof baking dish then bake for 5-10 minutes until softened. Get them out of the oven and let cool for a while then mash them using a fork.
How To Make Banana & Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Before starting, preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and line a 12 muffin pan with muffin liners.
One: Mash the bananas coarsely using a fork, then set aside.
Two: In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
Three: Add the eggs, one by one, then the vanilla extract and mix. Follow by adding the mashed bananas and mix.
Four: After that, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and mix.
Five: Finally, add the dark chocolate chips, and stir.
Six: Divide the batter between the 12 muffin liners and bake for 25-27 minutes.
Seven: Let the muffins cool, then sprinkle the powdered sugar on top.
How Long Does It Take To Bake Banana Muffins?
These muffins took just 25 minutes to bake. To make sure they were ready, I poked them with a toothpick, and it came out clean.
I am using a regular muffin liner, however. If you are using large or mini muffin liners, the baking time will vary; for example, for the large muffins, I’d expect they will bake in 25-28 minutes and for the mini muffins 12 to 15 minutes.
Tips and Variations
- Roughly mash the bananas for a better texture.
- Add some chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter.
- To make extra chocolaty muffins and add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder to the batter.
Store And Freeze
I store these banana muffins at room temperature for 2 days, no problem. Or put them in the fridge for about 4-5 days; just wrap them in plastic wrap so they do not get dry.
I also freeze them for a whole month without change in taste or texture; keep them in an airtight container in the freezer until you need them.
Easy Cake Recipes
More Muffin Recipes
Thank you for checking out my recipe! Follow Healthy Life Trainer on Pinterest to keep up-to-date with all new recipes.
Easy Banana Muffins With Chocolate Chip
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and line a 12 muffin pan with a regular muffin liners.
- Mash the bananas coarsely using a fork then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.½ cup butter, ⅔ cup sugar
- Add the eggs; one by one, then the vanilla extract and mix. Follow by adding the mashed bananas, mix.2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 bananas
- After that add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, mix.1 ½ cup plain flour, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Finally add the dark chocolate chips, stir.1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin liners and bake for 25-27 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool down then sprinkle the powdered sugar on top.1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Let me know how your banana muffins with chocolate chips turn out in the comments! I'd love to hear from you!