These soft and healthy Pumpkin spice cupcakes are loaded with pumpkin puree and topped with cream cheese frosting.
They are perfect for breakfast or brunch, or you can serve them as a dessert with a cup of a drink of your choice.
Check also, pumpkin custard pie, pumpkin seed butter.
What's in this Pumpkin cupcakes?
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin puree
- Cooking oil
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes?
Preparations: Preheat the oven to 170C and line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners or grease them with butter.
Making the muffins: Cream the butter and sugar well using the electric hand mixer. Then add the eggs, one by one, and whisk. Followed by pumpkin puree, whisk.
Adding the dry ingredients: Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon over the wet ingredients, and mix well until incorporated. Add the oil, then mix.
Preparing for baking: Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (don't overfill with batter).
Baking: Bake for 25 minutes or until fully baked. Let them cool down.
Making the cream cheese frosting: In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and the powdered sugar well then refrigerate for an hour until the muffins are totally cooled down.
Put the cream cheese in a pastry bag then decorate the cupcakes then add the sprinkles on top of the frosting.
Muffin Liners: I love using muffin liners because they make the muffins look nice and prevent them from sticking in the pan. However, if you don't fancy using them, you can generously grease the muffin tin with butter, so the muffins get out easily from the tin.
Topping: When I make any pumpkin recipe that needs a topping, I always think of cream cheese because they go so well with each other. However, if you don't prefer using cream cheese as a topping, you can use whipped cream, chocolate ganache, peanut butter, or just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
Add-Ins suggestions: If you like to add some crunchiness to the muffins, go ahead and add ⅓ cup of chopped nuts (any kind you like).
You can store cupcakes in the refrigerator in a well-closed container for up to 4 days without getting dry.
I don't recommend freezing these cupcakes with cream cheese topping. However, you can definitely freeze the muffins without the toppings in an airtight container for 4 to 6 weeks.
Yes, you can add half teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the cream cheese and powdered sugar while making the topping.
No, you don't have to use them. Instead, you can sprinkle some chopped pecan, some ground cinnamon or just leave it as it is.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe: This bundt cake is so soft and moist. It is made using sour cream, butter, sugar and of course, pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting: This is the most delicious pumpkin cake, it is so moist and topped with cream cheese and pecans.
- Healthy pumpkin pancake recipe: Fluffy pumpkin pancakes made using greek yoghurt, so delicious.
- Easy pumpkin bread recipe: Learn how to make super easy and delicious pumpkin bread for breakfast.
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 5 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners or grease them with butter.
- Cream the butter and sugar well using the electric hand mixer. Then add the eggs, one by one, whisk.
- Followed by pumpkin puree, whisk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground cinnamon over the wet ingredients, mix well until incorporated.
- Add the oil then mix.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (don't overfill with batter).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until fully baked.
- Let them cool down.
Making the topping
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and the powdered sugar well then refrigerate for an hour until the muffins are totally cooled down.
- Put the cream cheese in a pastry bag then decorate the cupcakes then add the sprinkles on top of the frosting.
Follow Healthy Life Trainer on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to keep up-to-date with all new recipes. Also, you can subscribe to my Newsletter to recipe all the latest recipes once published.
Leave a Reply