I am not exaggerating! Friends, believe me, this pumpkin sheet cake is out of this world, and the cream cheese frosting is a must! It is perfectly soft, fluffy and loaded with pumpkin, flavored with cinnamon and covered with a rich, sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting. OMG!
Pumpkin Sheet Cake
I forgot to mention that this recipe is sooo easy and simple and doesn't call for many ingredients, and the taste and texture are superb!
Although I make my own homemade pumpkin puree, I also like to keep some store-bought Pumpkin puree cans in my pantry.
This pumpkin sheet cake is one of the best fall desserts ever; also, it makes a beautiful Thanksgiving dessert. I recommend skipping making the pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving and trying this easy cake. I promise you won't regret it.
What You’ll Need
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
For The Cake
- Eggs: I use 4 large eggs at room temperature.
- Granulated sugar: You can use brown sugar instead.
- Pumpkin puree: In this recipe i used store-bought pumpkin puree, just one can 424 g.
- Vegetable oil: I prefer oil over butter in making pumpkin cakes. I find it gives the cake a better texture.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder: It will give the cake a light and fluffy texture.
- Ground cinnamon: I like to keep it simple, so I used only cinnamon to flavor the cake. You can use pumpkin pie spice instead.
- Baking soda: A raising agent.
- Salt: Just a pinch.
For The Frosting
- Cream cheese: I use Philadelphia cream cheese, also Mascarpone works well.
- Icing sugar: To sweeten the frosting.
- Heavy cream: I use it cold.
- Ground cinnamon: For a sweet and woody flavor.
How To Make Pumpkin Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
One - Preparations: Preheat the over to 180C/ 350F and line the bottom of a 24 cm sheet pan with parchment pepper and grease the sides with butter.
Two - Mix the wet ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar well using an electric whisk until becomes fluffy. Add cooking oil and pumpkin puree then whisk again.
Three - Add in the dry ingredients: Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt to the pumpkin mixture and whisk one more time.
Four - Baking: Pour the batter in the sheet pan then bake for 45-50 minutes or until fully baked. Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
Five - Making the frosting: In a bowl, whisk the heavy whipped cream using the electric mixer.
Then, in another bowl mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar well then fold in the heavy cream and mix everything until combined.
Six - Top the pumpkin cake with the frosting: Spread the frosting on top of the cooled cake then sprinkle ground cinnamon. Sprinkle some chopped pecan on top of the cake (optional).
Pro Tip: If your frosting isn't firm enough, you can put it in the fridge for 15 minutes and then use it.
Variations & Substitutions
- You may top this cake with whipped cream or just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
- Add in a few drops of vanilla extract.
How To Serve
Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Yes, you can. However, I recommend freezing it without the frosting. Slice the cake and put in an airtight container in the freezer. It will last for 1-2 months.
More Pumpkin Cake Recipes
- Old Fashioned Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Squares With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe (Easy)
Thank you for checking out my recipe! Follow me on Pinterest to keep up-to-date with all new recipes.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ cup Cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon icing sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the over to 180C/ 35oF and line the bottom of a 24 cm sheet pan with parchment pepper and grease the sides with butter.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar well using an electric whisk until becomes fluffy.4 eggs, 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- Add cooking oil and pumpkin puree then whisk again.1 cup cooking oil, 424 g pumpkin puree
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt then whisk one more time.2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the batter in the baking sheet then bake for 45-50 minutes or until fully baked.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely.
Make the cream cheese frosting
- In a bowl, whisk the heavy whipped cream using the electric whisk.½ cup heavy cream
- Then, in another bowl mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar well then fold in the heavy cream and mix everything until combined.¾ cup Cream cheese, 3 tablespoon icing sugar
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of Pumpkin Cake then sprinkle ground cinnamon.1 tablespoon ground cinnamon