Another pumpkin recipe this time is a simple pumpkin bread recipe made with few ingredients and loaded with pumpkin flavour. It is even better than the Starbucks pumpkin bread recipe.
This healthy pumpkin bread recipe is made with fresh pumpkin; it is the perfect fall recipe that is so moist, delicious and smells amazing.
This is my go-to bread recipe; it is simple, healthy and easy to follow, and it always turns out great and never disappoints. I find this recipe hard to beat! A piece or two of this bread with a cup of tea is a perfect and healthy breakfast. You can also enjoy it as a dessert or snack; it is just excellent at any time.
Why this recipe works?
This recipe is a fall-time treat and is a simple pumpkin bread recipe to make. It is super moist, delicious and has just the right ratio of sweet and spices. It smells great while it bakes and is easy to make. This recipe is easily adaptable can be made into a vegan dish too. The bread is moist, tender and is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter to get moist bread with a perfect texture.
- Granulated sugar: You may also use refined cane sugar, dates syrup, jaggery, coconut sugar, maple syrup or even honey.
- Eggs: Use eggs that are at room temperature for the best texture.
- Pumpkin puree: You can use canned or homemade pumpkin puree. It is easy to make pumpkin puree from scratch; all you need to do is steam or bake the pumpkin until tender, then puree them in a blender. Easy!
- Vanilla extract: Use it for some added flavour and enhances all flavours.
- All-purpose flour: This recipe uses all-purpose flour; however, whole wheat flour will go well in this recipe too.
- Baking powder & Baking soda: It helps the dough rise and expand.
- Ground cinnamon & Nutmeg: Adds a subtle and sweet taste to the bread.
- Salt to taste.
How To Make Simple Pumpkin Bread?
- Preparations: 1- Preheat the oven to 180C.
2- Grease a loaf pan generously with butter.
- Making the bread: In a bowl, mix butter with sugar well then add the eggs, one by one, mix well using an electric whisk.
Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, mix again.
Then, add flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon and nutmeg, mix one more time.
- Baking: Pour the batter into the loaf ban then bake for 45 minutes or until fully baked.
- To make pumpkin bread with chocolate chips. Just add ½ cup of dark chocolate chips to the batter.
- Remember to not overmix the ingredients as they can get tough, gummy and chewy. The texture changes completely when you overmix.
- Make sure to not add salt if you are using salted butter.
- Remember to preheat the oven before baking the bread.
- This bread will stay put for about 2-3 days at room temperature and about 4-5 days in the fridge.
- You can use the same recipe to make pumpkin muffins, and it will still taste delicious.
- It is best to use canned pumpkin that provides a perfect texture for the recipe.
- You can serve pumpkin with butter, peanut butter, whipped cream with a cup of Irish coffee.
- You can add chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts or cinnamon chips to the batter.
- Use vegetable oil or coconut oil instead of butter for this recipe.
- You can add some glaze to the bread before serving.
- Feel free to replace the eggs with ½ cup of yoghurt or buttermilk to make eggless pumpkin bread.
- You can use pumpkin spices instead of ground cinnamon and nutmeg if you prefer.
Pumpkin bread is made to be moist. The butter, eggs and pumpkin puree make the bread moist and add texture.
Yes, you can; in fact, pumpkin bread is freezer friendly. Make sure to wrap it in a foil or plastic bag before freezing. You can store pumpkin bread for over 2 months. Make sure to defrost it and let it come to room temperature before unwrapping the bread.
Yes, you can make eggless pumpkin bread. All you have to do is skip eggs from this recipe. You can replace eggs with more pumpkin purees or ½ cup of plain yoghurt.
Yes, you can make vegan pumpkin bread if you’re looking for a vegan option. You can substitute butter, sugar and eggs with sunflower oil, maple syrup/cane sugar and more pumpkin puree.
I love to eat my pumpkin bread plain with coffee or tea. However, if you like to add something extra to it, find some suggestions below.
- Blueberry White Chocolate Cake
- Homemade Baked Donuts With Chocolate Frosting
- Easy No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Sweet Potato Cookies
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Preparations: 1- Preheat the oven to 180C.2- Grease a loaf pan generously with butter.
- In a bowl, mix butter with sugar well then add the eggs, one by one, whisk well using an electric whisk.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, mix again.
- Then, add flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon and nutmeg, mix one more time.
- Pour the batter into the loaf ban then bake for 45 minutes or until fully baked.
If you like this recipe and want to save it for later? Add it to your favourite recipe board on Pinterest!