Nothing is as good as a fluffy mushroom omelette for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea. This mushroom omelette is an easy recipe; You will make it in one pan in less than 10 minutes. The taste of this homemade cheesy mushroom omelette is so delicious it's even better than ones you can get at restaurants.
I usually prepare this mushroom omelette recipe for breakfast, when I want to treat my family with a healthy filling breakfast or pack it in my daughter's lunch box.
All you need to make this french mushroom omelette are egg (as much as you usually use), mushroom, mozzarella, butter, spring onion and some chopped parsley which gives a beautiful flavour to this mushroom omelette.
Now the question is how to serve this omelette? The answer is, you can serve it however you like, I prefer to serve it plain or alongside a piece of toast.
Mushroom Omelette Ingredient
How To Make This Fluffy Mushroom Omelette
1- Cleaning the mushrooms: Use a wet kitchen towel to wipe the mushrooms before slicing it.
2- Cooking the mushrooms: I prefer to use both olive oil and a small amount of butter in cooking the mushrooms this combination gives the mushroom a good taste. Also, add salt and pepper to the mushrooms then cook on medium heat.
After that, put the mushrooms in a dish then add the mozzarella, chopped spring onion and chopped parsley and mix everything together then set aside.
3- Making the egg: Crack all the eggs in a bowl add salt and pepper and whisk well then cook the eggs in the same skillet on both sides (be careful when flipping the eggs).
4- Combing everything together: Add the mushroom on top of the cooked eggs and serve warm.
More Egg Recipes for Breakfast
- Scrambled eggs with minced beef & vegetables is the perfect breakfast to start your day.
- Spicy vegetable eggs use spices and vegetables for a tasty low carb breakfast.
Fluffy Mushroom Omelette Recipe
- Clean the mushroom the slice it.
- At a medium fire, add the olive oil and butter on a skillet.
- Once the butter melts add the mushroom, half of salt and pepper, stir from time to time until the mushroom turns brown.
- Put the mushroom in a dish and stir in the mozzarella, chopped spring onion and chopped parsley then set aside.
- Crack all the eggs in a small bowl and add the rest of the salt and pepper then whisk.
- In the same skillet, pour the egg and let it to cook for 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Add the mushroom on the top of the eggs.
- Serve hot.