I am a big fan of making banana bread. However, this time, I've decided to make keto banana bread using almond flour, ripe bananas, walnuts and chocolate chips. Also, it is sugar-free and gluten-free.
Keto Banana Bread
My keto banana bread is moist, fluffy and delicious; it tastes like regular banana bread but with no added sugar and a fraction of the carbs. This is how to make the best almond flour banana bread ever!
I also added walnuts for some crunchiness and chocolate chips for extra flavor. Seriously, you need to try this recipe; it is AMAZING!
I also prefer to use real bananas instead of the banana flavour because the later doesn't give a real banana taste. Additionally, bananas give the bread moistness and tenderness.
Also, this recipe was a good way for me to use up the ripe bananas I have in my kitchen.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Eggs: I used 3 large eggs at room temperature.
- Almond flour: I like to sift it for the best result.
- Ripe bananas: I prefer ripe bananas because they taste very sweet and are easy to mash.
- Erythritol: You can use any alternatives like Swerve or Lakanto monk fruit.
- Ground cinnamon: It gives a delightful taste and smell to my banana bread.
- Baking powder: Using it is essential for rising the bread.
- Vanilla extract: A good quality vanilla extract makes a difference in taste.
- Butter: I used softened unsalted butter.
- Chopped walnuts: In my opinion, walnuts go well with banana bread.
- Chocolate chips: I used sugar free dark chocolate chips.
How to make Keto Banana Walnut Bread?
Before we begin with the recipe, preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
One: In a bowl, add the eggs and vanilla extract then whisk using an electric hand mixer.
Two: Add the sugar and butter, whisk.
Three: Add the mashed bananas and continue whisking.
Four: After that, add the almond flour, ground cinnamon and baking powder. Continue whisking.
Five: Add half of the chopped walnut and chocolate chips, then stir the mixture using a spatula.
Six: Pour the batter in the loaf ban and then sprinkle the other half of the chopped walnut and chocolate chips on top of the batter.
Seven: Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until it is entirely baked. Leave the banana bread to cool down completely before slicing it.
Are Bananas Keto-Friendly?
Bananas are high in carbs. So it will not be keto-friendly if you eat the whole banana loaf pan. In this low carb banana bread recipe, I use two small ripe bananas for the entire banana bread loaf pan.
So every slice will have almost a bite of a banana which is not much in carbs. So you can enjoy the real taste of banana and stay on the keto diet at the same time.
How to Serve This Keto Banana Bread?
II like to serve it with a dollop of cream or vanilla ice cream on the top.
More Keto Bread Recipes
- Low Carb Cloud Bread With Only 3 Ingredients
- Psyllium Husk Keto Bread Recipe
- Low Carb Mixed Seed Bread With Almond Flour
- Keto Sesame Bread Recipe (Low Carb Bread)
Keto Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356F and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and vanilla extract then whisk using an electric hand mixer.3 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Then, add the erythritol and butter, whisk.½ cup erythritol, 3 tablespoon butter
- Add mashed bananas and continue whisking.2 small ripe bananas
- After that, add the almond flour, ground cinnamon and baking powder. Continue whisking.1 ½ cups almond flour, 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate chips, 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add half of the chopped walnut and chocolate chips, then stir the mixture using a spatula.¼ cup walnut
- Pour the batter in the loaf ban and then sprinkle the other half of the chopped walnut and chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until it is entirely baked.
- Leave the banana bread to cool down completely before slicing it.