Amazing Kunafa cheesecake With Mango! A super delicious blend of 3 layers in one cup: crispy Kunafa pastry, creamy cheesecake filling and sweet mango chunks.
Kunafa Cheesecake With Mango
I always have Kunafa pastry in my freezer; it freezes so well; if you are wondering what this pastry is made of, it is made from shredded strands of phyllo dough.
To prepare this kuna fa cheesecake, I start by frying this pastry in ghee and then drizzle with sugar syrup. Note: you CAN'T use butter instead of ghee.
After preparing the Kunafa pastry, I mix up the perfect creamy-cheese layer and slather it right on top of it. Followed by some sweet mango cubes and a sprinkle of crushed pistachio.
This Kunafa Cheesecake can be served at room temperature right about when they are finished being assembled. However, I like it better when refrigerated for a couple of hours.
You can use whatever style of cups you’d like. It totally depends on the presentation you’d like to create. However, I prefer wide glass cups.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
This Kunafa cheesecake dessert is comprised of three layers placed on top of each other. The ingredients you’ll need for each layer are:
First Layer (Pastry Layer): I used only 2 ingredients which are Kunafa pastry and ghee.
Note: You can buy the pastry from the Middle Eastern grocery Store. You may find it under the name Kataifi or كنافه.
Second Layer( The Cheesecake Layer): I used Philadelphia cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and whipped cream.
Third Layer (The Topping Layer): I used fresh mango (cut into small chunks) and crushed pistachio.
Note: When I buy the mangoes, I make sure they are ripe and sweet. You may also replace mango with strawberry or blueberry.
How to Make Kunafa With Mango And Cream?
To make the Kunafa Cheesecake Cups, we’re going to prepare all the layers from the bottom up, and then assemble them all together.
One: Beginning with the first layer, we’ll put the Kunafa pastry into the food processor and pulse it for a few seconds until it is broken up into small pieces (don't turn it into powder).
Two: Melt the ghee into a large skillet over medium heat, and add the pastry to the ghee in the skillet; stir until it is a beautiful golden brown color.
Note: If you feel that you don’t have a skillet large enough to mix all your pastry, then you can do this step in small batches.
Three: Place this cooked pastry onto a bowl, pour the honey over it, stir and allow it to cool.
Now we’ll move on to preparing the second layer which is the filling:
Four: In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese, vanilla, and icing sugar together.
Five: In another bowl, whip up the whipping cream till stiff peaks form.
Six: Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, and put it in the fridge for a good 30 minutes.
Now that both our layers are ready, we’re going to assemble the entire dessert together and then finally top it with the third layer.
Seven: To start, put a layer of kunafa pastry into each cup, and top it with a cream cheese layer.
Eight: Add the mango cubes. Now, add another layer of Kunafa and cream cheese and garnish with more mango cubes.
Nine: Sprinkle crushed pistachio on top. That’s it! Now your easy-no-bake Kunafa Cheesecake with Mango is ready.
- To make kunafa cheesecake, assemble the layers of this dessert into a 20cm springform pan instead of several small cups.
- You can even use a combination of fruits, and dry fruits. Think pistachios, hazelnuts, cashew nuts, blueberry, and raspberry compotes!
More Kunafa Recipes
Easy Middle Eastern Dessert Recipes
Kunafa Cheesecake With Mango (No-Bake)
- 3 cups Kunafa Pastry
- ½ cup Ghee
- ¼ cup Honey
- Put the Kunafa pastry into the food processor and pulse for a few seconds until it is broken up into small pieces (don't turn it into powder).
- Transfer the pastry into a mixing bowl, and mix with the melted butter.
- Heart a large skillet over medium heat, put the pastry and stir constantly until golden brown (you may cook the pastry in batches if you don't have a large skillet.)
- Put the cooked pastry into a bowl, pour the honey over it, stir and allow it to cool.
Make the filling
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the cream cheese, vanilla and icing sugar together.
- In another bowl, whip up the whipping cream till stiff peaks form.
- Now, fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, and put it in the fridge for30 minutes.
- Put a layer of kunafa pastry in each cup, top it with a cream cheese layer and mango cubes. Repeat the layer and then top with more mango cubes and a sprinkle of some pistachios.