This cinnamon pie is not only made with loads of cinnamon but has brown sugar, heavy cream, cream cheese, and a touch of nutmeg. It has a silky smooth texture and a lovely fall spices flavour. This cinnamon pie is perfect for dinner parties, to give as a gift, or for a picnic. I believe it is the perfect cinnamon dessert.
Pies are my favourite dessert because they are so easy to make. This cinnamon pie, with its thick and creamy texture, is my family's favourite.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
Most people don't know what cinnamon pie is because it is not as well-known as pecan pie or pumpkin pie. And when it comes to cinnamon desserts, it is not as well-known as cinnamon rolls or cinnamon cake. So let me tell you little about this pie; cinnamon pie has a sweet taste but not too sweet, it is super flavorful, and it has a tasty creamy filling.
Cinnamon pie ingredients
Pie crust, homemade or store-bought
Cream cheese, room temperature
whipped cream, optional
How to make this Cinnamon Pie?
Preparations: Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
Place the pie crust into a pie dish, trim off the excess, and crimp the edges if you like. Then put into the fridge until making the filling.
Making the cinnamon pie filling: In a big mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes or until it becomes fluffy.
Add eggs to the previous mixture, one at a time, mix.
Next, add heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sprinkle ground cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and salt. Mix well until combined.
Take out the pie dish from the fridge and pour the filling mixture over it.
Baking: Bake for 35-40 minutes maximum. The centre supposes to be slightly jiggly.
Let the pie cool down completely the put in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
Top the cinnamon pie with whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon on top then serve.
- Cover the cinnamon pie and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set, I love to keep it in the fridge overnight.
- You can make your own pie crust (check below how to make your own pie crust), or you can use store-bought ones.
- Don't overbake this pie; it takes only 35-40 minutes in the oven. The centre will be a bit jiggly. Overbaking will give it a rubbery texture.
Dust top of the pie with cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar.
Top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, salted caramel, or a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
What is cinnamon and does it have any health benefits?
Well, cinnamon is a very popular spice that comes from the inner bark of several tree species. Cinnamon has lots of health benefits such as having lots of antioxidants, it helps lower blood sugar levels, and it helps fight bacterial and fungal infections.
How to make an easy pie crust from scratch?
If you like to make the pie crust from scratch, follow the instructions below. The ingredients below will make two pie crusts.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch parts
6 tbsp cold water
Mix flour, sugar, and salt using a stand mixer or food processor. Then add the butter pieces and pulse until combined.
Place the dough into a mixing bowl and sprinkle the water on top of it then use a firm spatula to mix until the batter comes together forming a bowl.
Next, divide the dough into two. Brush them with a little of oil then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before rolling, cutting, and baking.
How to make cinnamon sugar?
To make cinnamon-sugar mix ¼ cup of granulated sugar with ½ tablespoon of ground cinnamon and keep it in a well-sealed jar. You can double the amount of ground cinnamon if you like.
How to store and freeze this cinnamon pie?
To store the pie: Cover the pie and put in the fridge for 4-5 days.
To freeze the pie: This cinnamon pie freezes very well. Allow the pie to cool completely then put it in a freezer-safe pie dish. Wrap well with plastic wrap then freeze for up to 2 months.
Can I make this cinnamon pie in advance of serving?
Yes, you can make this pie 1-2 days ahead of time. Actually, that is preferable to allow it to chill and set properly. Just keep it covered in the fridge.
More dessert recipes
- ½ cup whipped cream, optional
- Preparations: Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.Place the pie crust into a pie dish, trim off the excess, and crimp the edges if you like. Then put into the fridge until making the filling.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and brown sugar for 1-2 minutes or until it becomes fluffy.
- Add eggs to the previous mixture, one at a time, mix.
- Next, add heavy cream, vanilla extract, and sprinkle ground cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and salt. Mix well until combined.
- Take out the pie dish from the fridge and pour the filling mixture over it.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes maximum. The centre supposes to be slightly jiggly.
- Let the pie cool down completely the put in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Top the cinnamon pie with whipped cream and sprinkle some cinnamon on top then serve.