Seriously, this S’mores chocolate chip cookie cake is out of this world! It is made with biscuit and chocolate chips and topped with toasty marshmallows; all melted in one fabulous S’mores Cookie Cake. Absolutely DELICIOUS!
S'mores Cookie Cake
I always crave s’more as soon as winter comes, and today, we are turning a classic s’more recipe into a s’more cookie cake! YUM!
I have made this recipe twice until now, and I tested it with both used digestive biscuits and graham crackers, and my favorite was digestive biscuits!
Also, I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate because, in my opinion, it is not bitter like dark chocolate or overly sweet like white chocolate.
The recipe comes together in no time, and it is so delicious. You won't be able to wait until it is cool to eat a slice, which is okay; I actually love it warm with a gooey marshmallow topping.
For the marshmallows, I highly recommend adding them just before serving with 20-30 minutes to have time to broil the marshmallows on top of the cookie cake.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Delicious and easy dessert that is made with few basic ingredients.
- This is a delicious gooey cookie cake loaded with chocolate chips and topped with melty marshmallow.
- Great recipe for marshmallows and S’mores lovers.
- Kids and adults love it.
S'mores Cookie Cake Ingredients
- Biscuit crumbs: I use digestive, you may also use graham cracker.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda: It will give the cookie cake the fluffy texture.
- An egg: I use only one large egg at room temperature.
- Sugar: I use white sugar and light brown sugar in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract: To add flavor.
- Chocolate chips: I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate. However, you can use dark chocolate or white chocolate.
- Marshmallows: I prefer to add big marshmallow bits on the top of this cookie cake to melt all over it. However, you can use mini marshmallows if you want.
“See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.”
Make Biscuit Crumbs
My favourite way of making biscuit crumbs is to put the biscuits in a ziplock page and smash them with a rolling pin. The other way is to put the biscuit in the food processor and pulse until crumbs.
How to make S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake?
One: Preheat the oven to 180C / 306F and line an 8-inch springform pan or cake pan with parchment paper.
Two: In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until it forms a creamy mixture. Next mix in the egg and vanilla extract (photo 1 & 2).
Three: Then add the flour, baking soda, and biscuit crumbs, mix. Add the milk and mix again. Stir in the chocolate chips then pour the batter in the pan (photo 3 & 4).
Pro Tip: To get the perfect texture, you need to mix the batter until just incorporated! Don't overmix the batter.
Four: Bake for 40 minutes then take the springform out of the oven and sprinkle the marshmallows on top of the cookie cake in a single layer (photo 5).
Pro Tip: The secret to a soft and fluffy cookie cake is baking until just light brown on the edges. So, don't overbaking.
Five: Put it back in the oven and broil for 10 minutes until the marshmallows become golden brown. Allow it cool on a cooling rack, then cut into individual slices and serve.
Variations & Substitutions
- You may top your cookie cake with marshmallow fluff (marshmallow cream).
- Top your cookie cake with extra chocolate chips or chocolate chunks instead of marshmallows.
Easy Dessert Recipes
S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F and line an 8-inch springform with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar , butter, and brown sugar until it forms a creamy mixture. Then mix in the egg and vanilla extract.¾ cups light brown sugar, 1 egg, ¾ cup butter, ¼ cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- After that add the biscuit crumbs, flour, and baking soda, mix.1 cup biscuit crumbs, 1.25 cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Add the milk and mix again. Stir in the chocolate chips then pour the batter in the springform.1 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoon milk
- Bake for 40 minutes then take the springform out of the oven and sprinkle the marshmallows on top of it. Put it back in the oven and broil for 10 minutes.2 cups marshmallows