Rocket Salad is a simple side dish that is easy to make, delicious, and takes only five minutes to prepare. You can serve this salad with meat, chicken, fish, or pasta.
This Rocket Salad will be your favourite way to eat arugula. It is a restaurant quality recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
What is Rocket (arugula)?
Rocket is a kind of a delicious green plant that originated in the Mediterranean region. It has so many names such as arugula, rocket, Italian cress, and rucola. It is delicious raw, and it has a peppery taste. Rocket can be used in salads, as pizza topping, or to add it to sandwiches or wraps.
Why This Recipe Works?
- Quick and easy to make
- Great for lunch or a side dish
- Cheap and delicious
- Fresh and nutritious
Rocket Salad ingredients:
- Rocket (arugula)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Rocket Salad Dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil: I like to use a good quality olive oil in making any salad dressing.
- Garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper
- Apple cider vinegar: You can replace it with balsamic vinegar if you want.
- Dijon mustard: Makes the dressing a bit creamy
- Maple syrup: adds a nice sweetness to the dressing.
How to make the Rocket Salad Dressing?
Place all the dressing ingredients in a jar screw on the lid and shake so hard until all combined.
How to make Rocket Salad?
In a mixing bowl, add the rocket salad leaves and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Then pour the dressing over it, stir, and serve.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese; it gives a better flavour.
- You can replace apple cider vinegar with balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice.
- Add more flavour to the dressing by adding ANY of the following:
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp oregano
Is rocket good for you?
Yes, rocket is a nutrient-dense plant that is high in fiber and rich in vitamins C, E, B and K.
How to store leftovers?
You can store leftovers in a well-sealed container in the fridge for a maximum of two days.
What else can I add to this rocket salad?
You can add nuts such as pine, walnut or almond (chopped).
- Chopped onion or tomatoes.
- Some fruits such as pomegranate, strawberry or pear.
- Fresh mint or basil leaves.
- Spring onion (chopped).
- Chopped avocado.
Can you make this salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can. But I recommend preparing the dressing and keeping it in the fridge. Then pour it over the salad before serving.
This salad can pear with chicken, pasta, meat, fish, or roasted veggies.
Some serving suggestions below:
- pan-fried sea bass with soy sauce
- easy one-pot pasta with veggies
- creamy mushroom chicken
- sticky Chinese chicken drumsticks
- Chinese chilli beef recipe
More salad recipes:
Homemade Coleslaw Salad: A classic coleslaw recipe that you can make in less than 10 minutes, and it is so fresh and delicious.
Mediterranean Couscous Salad: Easy couscous salad recipe made with couscous, veggies, feta cheese, and drizzled with a tangy lemon juice.
Lemon Garlic Potato Salad: It is a nice side dish that is loaded with Mediterranean flavours such as olive oil, cumin, and garlic.
Italian Pasta Salad: A flavourful and colourful salad that goes well with almost any main dish.
Tuna Avocado Salad: A healthy salad that is made with avocados, sweetcorn, tuna chunks, onions, and boiled eggs.
Creamy Tuna Pasta Salad: This salad made with wholesome ingredients such as avocado, bell peppers, sweetcorn, spring onions, and kidney beans.
Healthy Taco Salad Recipe: This salad will be made in under 30 minutes and it is loaded with veggies, minced beef, and cheese.
More salad recipes
Rocket Salad with Parmesan
- 100 g rocket (arugula)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
Rocket Salad Dressing
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jar screw on the lid and shake so hard until all combined.
- In a mixing bowl, add the rocket salad leaves and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Then pour the dressing over it, stir, and serve.
DON’T WANT TO MISS A RECIPE?
If you have a question about this Rocket Salad Recipe, please leave a comment or contact me via the contact page.