Italian pasta salad is healthy, colorful, loaded with flavours, and topped with a creamy Italian dressing. It is the perfect side dish with almost everything. Also, it is suitable to take on picnics.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
I love making this Italian pasta salad because I can add lots of fresh veggies and it is super quick. Try to make this cold pasta salad, and I am sure it will be your best no-cook lunch throughout the week.
Italian Pasta Salad Dressing Ingredients:
Pasta, any kind
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
Mozzarella cheese, cut cubes
How to make this Italian pasta salad?
Making the Salad: Cook the pasta in salty water according to the package instructions. In a serving salad bowl, add all the salad ingredients then set aside.
Making the Pasta Salad Dressing: Mix all the dressing ingredients well then pour over the salad and serve.
Don't overcook the pasta and let it cool down before mixing with other ingredients.
Other ingredients to add to this salad are: carrots, bell peppers, green olives, asparagus, broccoli, and sweetcorn.
You can use any kind of pasta you prefer. For me, I prefer to use Rotini pasta.
If you don't have time to make the Italian dressing, you can buy it. However, I prefer to make it myself for better taste.
You can store this pasta salad in the fridge for 3-4 days. However, I don't recommend freezing it.
What to serve with this salad?
Almost anything can go well with this salad, below are some suggestions:
- Garlic parmesan baked potatoes
- Creamy mushroom chicken
- Sweet and sour chicken
- Sticky Chinese chicken drumsticks
- Butter garlic chicken breast recipe
Italian Pasta Salad
- 150 g pasta , any kind
- 2 spring onions , chopped
- 150 g smoked salmon , cut into small pisces
- 2 avocado , chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 cup black olive
- ¼ cup parsley , chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , cut into halves
- 1 cucumber , chopped
- 250 g mozzarella cheese , cut cubes
- Making the Salad: Cook the pasta in salty water according to the package instructions. In a serving salad bowl, add all the salad ingredients then set aside.
- Making the Pasta Salad Dressing: Mix all the dressing ingredients well then pour over the salad and serve.