It is getting hot here! So, it’s salad time. This delicious, colourful shrimp pasta salad with creamy homemade Italian dressing is amazing for an easy and healthy dinner, lunch, or to take on picnics. On hot days, fresh salad like this shrimp pasta salad is the best choice for lunch or dinner. It is one of my go-to quick salad recipes.
Why this recipe works?
Healthy: This recipe full of healthy ingredients.
Creamy: This shrimp pasta salad is super creamy and delicious.
Easy and simple: It comes together in no time.
Customisable: You can add as many colourful ingredients as you like.
What’s in this Shrimp Pasta Salad?
For the Salad:
Pasta: I used bow-tie pasta because it is small; however, you can use any small-sized pasta.
Veggies: Cucumber, cherry tomato, avocado, baby corn, carrot, radish, parsley and bell pepper. However, you can add any veggies you like.
For the Shrimp:
Shrimps: Fresh or frozen shrimps will work in this recipe.
Butter: Use oil if you like, but butter gives a better taste.
Seasoning: Paprika, onion powder, black pepper and salt.
For the Dressing:
Mayonnaise and Greek yoghurt: This combination makes a deliciously creamy dressing.
Dijon mustard: It gives the dressing a strong and spicy flavour.
Olive oil: For better flavour and more health benefits, use a good quality extra virgin olive oil.
Cider vinegar: You can replace it with balsamic vinegar if you like.
Seasoning: Salt, ground black pepper, cumin, and Italian herbs.
How to Make Shrimp Pasta Salad?
Cooking the pasta: cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
Preparing the veggies:
- Cook baby corn for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Chop avocado, cucumber, carrot, and bell pepper.
- Cut the cherry tomato into halves.
- Slice radish and finely chop the parsley.
Cooking the shrimp:
Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and season with paprika, salt, black pepper, and onion powder. Next, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then cook the shrimps for 2-3 minutes on each side, then turn off the heat.
Making the dressing:
In a bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients well.
Arrange the veggies, pasta and shrimps on a serving plate, and top with the dressing.
- If you would like to add in extra veggies, you can add fresh spinach leaves, spring onion, broccoli, mushrooms, celery or peas.
- You can use fresh or frozen shrimps in this recipe.
- I prefer to use small pasta shapes like bow-tie or elbow pasta, so all the ingredients are the same size. I don’t recommend using big pasta shapes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- If you like seafood pasta salad, you can add crab meat to this recipe, making it even more delicious.
- Try adding olives, chopped mint, cilantro (coriander), chopped dill, spring onion or basil leaves to create a Mediterranean flavour.
- Add cheese such as feta, cheddar or parmesan.
- You can replace greek yoghurt with plain yoghurt or sour cream.
- You can use other meat such as chicken, steak, crab meat or scallop as an alternative to shrimp.
- Substitute vinegar for lemon or lime juice.
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this salad 2 days in advance; just keep it in the fridge. Add the avocado and the dressing just before serving.
How to serve this shrimp pasta salad?
You can serve this salad next to any main dish you like or with some roasted veggies.
Can I make shrimp pasta salad with pesto?
Yes, you can. If you like pesto, then you will love the pesto shrimp pasta salad. You can use pesto instead of the creamy Italian dressing; it will give you a completely different taste but still delicious.
Can I use pre-cooked shrimps in making this salad?
Yes, you can. In this case, you don’t need to cook the shrimps, just sprinkle the seasonings over them and mix well.
Can I eat this recipe warm?
No. There are some warm shrimp pasta salad recipes, but this recipe is cold shrimp pasta salad; unfortunately, you cant reheat it.
Tools used in making this recipe:
Other healthy salad recipes:
If you are looking for other healthy salad recipes, I suggest these recipes below:
Mediterranean couscous salad: This salad is delicious and bursting with Mediterranean flavours.
Italian pasta salad: Creamy, delicious, and easy to make. Perfect for a light dinner.
Creamy tuna pasta salad: This salad is a light meal you can prepare in less than ten minutes.
Grilled chicken salad: This salad is loaded with fresh veggies such as cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and avocados.
Italian Shrimp Pasta Salad
For the pasta
- 150 g pasta
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomato, cut into halves
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 100 g baby corn, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
- Preparing the veggies:Cook baby corn for 5 minutes in boiling water.Chop avocado, cucumber, carrot, and bell pepper.Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.Slice radish and finely chop the parsley.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and season with paprika, salt, black pepper, and onion powder. Next, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat, then cook the shrimps for 2-3 minutes on each side, then turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients well.
- Arrange the veggies, pasta and shrimps on a serving plate, and top with the dressing.
DON’T WANT TO MISS A RECIPE?
If you have a question about this Shrimp Pasta Salad recipe, please leave a comment or contact me via the contact page. And if you make this recipe, don't forget to rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comment section below. Thanks for visiting my blog.