This pan-fried sea bass is delicious, flaky, and so easy to make. I love Chinese style sea bass, so tasty and flavourful. This flaky sea bass is cooked in a pan then served with a delicious homemade sauce made with soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger.
I love to serve this fish dish with a green salad.
Pan-Fried Sea Bass Ingredients:
Sea bass fillets
Salt, black pepper
For the sauce:
Dark soy sauce
Light soy sauce
Sesame seeds (for serving)
How to make pan-fried sea bass with soy sauce?
Cooking the sea bass:
Pat the sea bass dry with a kitchen paper towel then sprinkle salt and pepper over it on both sides. Then sprinkle the flour over the sea bass (make sure to cover it well).
Now, pour the oil in a hot skillet then add the sea bass filets and cook for 3 minutes on each side until they have a golden colour (try not to flip it too much).
Making the sauce:
In a small pot, combine honey, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, cider vinegar, and ginger on medium heat.
Mix the cornflour and water well then pour over the sauce. Keep cooking until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Serve the sea bass fillets with the sauce and garnish with some sesame seeds.
To cook the perfect pan-fried fish, you need to use a heavy non-stick skillet.
When cooking the fish, don't flip the fish on the other side until it becomes brown because when it gets brown, it releases itself from the pan.
You can replace the dry ginger with a tsp of finely chopped fresh ginger.
Can I use frozen fish?
Yes, you can. You only need to pat the fish dry with a paper towel and make sure you get rid of all the excess water.
Can I bake the fish instead of pan fry it?
Yes, you can. It will take 10 minutes in the oven at 200C.
What to serve with this pan-fry fish?
This pan-fried sea bass goes well with rice, mashed potatoes, or grilled veggies.
You may also like:
Pan-Fried Sea Bass with Soy Sauce
- 2 sea bass fillets
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Pat the sea bass dry with a kitchen paper towel then sprinkle salt and pepper over it on both sides. Then sprinkle the flour over the sea bass (make sure to cover it well).
- Next, pour the oil in a hot skillet then cook the sea bass filets for 3 minutes on each side until they have a golden colour.
Making the sauce:
- In a pot , combine dark soy sauce, honey, cider vinegar, light soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger on medium heat.
- After that, mix the water and cornflourwell then pour over the sauce and keep cooking until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve the sea bass fillets with the sauce and garnish with some sesame seeds.