A super tasty and flavorful pan fried sea bass served with a delicious Chinese-style sauce! SO easy and ready in just 15 minutes!
Pan Fried Sea Bass
I love Chinese-style sea bass dishes; they are so tasty and flavorful. This dish is also so simple and ready in less than 20 minutes. I have made this dish like a thousand times because my family really LOVE it, and I usually serve it with some fresh veggies or sometimes white rice.
The secret is the sauce; it really elevates this dish to the next level.
At the bottom of the post, there is a recipe card with all the ingredient quantities and detailed recipe instructions.
Sea bass fillets: I use fresh sea bass fillets; I season them with sea salt & black pepper, dredge in all-purpose flour, and cook in olive oil.
For the sauce, I use soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, fresh garlic, ginger, cider vinegar, cornflour and some water.
For serving, I garnish my dish with some sesame seeds.
How To Make Pan Fried Sea Bass With Soy Sauce?
One (cook the sea bass): Pat the sea bass dry with a kitchen paper towel then sprinkle salt and pepper over it on both sides. Then sprinkle the flour over the sea bass (make sure to cover it well).
Two: Now, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat then add the sea bass filets and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they have a golden brown colour (try not to flip it too much).
Three (make the sauce): In a small pot, combine honey, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, cider vinegar, and ginger over medium-low heat.
Four: Mix the cornflour and water well then pour the mixture over the sauce. Keep cooking for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Five: Serve the sea bass fillets with the sauce and garnish with some sesame seeds.
- To cook the perfect pan fried fish, I recommend using a heavy non-stick skillet.
- When cooking the fish, don't flip the fish on the other side until it becomes brown because when it gets brown, it releases itself from the pan.
- To make pan-fried sea bass with vegetables, add some chopped zucchini, potatoes or peas along with the sea bass in the pan to cook together.
- You can replace the sea bass with any fresh fish fillets.
- Garnish with fresh parsley instead of sesame seeds.
- Add a pinch of cajun seasoning to the sauce for extra flavor.
- If you don't have fresh garlic, just use garlic powder instead.
Serve this simple fish dish with lemon wedges, some cherry tomatoes or Roasted Green Beans and Carrots.
To Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To Freeze: Freeze the fish and sauce separated in 2 different sealed containers.
Reheating: To reheat, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. If frozen, allow it to thaw at room temperature, then put reheat the oven or microwave.
Yes, you can. You only need to pat the fish dry with a paper towel and make sure you get rid of all the excess water.
Yes, you can. It will take 25-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200C / 360F.
More Fish Recipes
I hope you like this recipe! Follow Healthy Life Trainer on Pinterest to keep up-to-date with all new recipes.
Pan Fried Sea Bass with Soy Sauce
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- ½ teaspoon dry ginger
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon cornflour
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for serving)
- Pat the sea bass dry with a kitchen paper towel then sprinkle salt and pepper over it on both sides. Then sprinkle the flour over the sea bass (make sure to cover it well).2 sea bass fillets, ¼ cup flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Next, pour the oil in a hot skillet then cook the sea bass filets for 3 minutes on each side until they have a golden colour.¼ cup olive oil
- Make the sauce: In a pot , combine dark soy sauce, honey, cider vinegar, light soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, and ginger on medium heat.2 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon dry ginger, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- After that, mix the water and cornflour then pour over the sauce and keep cooking until the sauce is slightly thickened.½ tablespoon cornflour, ½ cup water
- Serve the sea bass fillets with the sauce and garnish with some sesame seeds.1 tablespoon sesame seeds