Are you a Nutella fan? If so, you will definitely love this easy, no-bake Nutella Slice recipe! It is basically crumbs of biscuits dipped in condensed milk, butter and Nutella and then topped with another chocolate layer. Incredibly delicious!
My youngest daughter LOVE Nutella, and today's recipe is her favourite. For me, I like the fact that this dessert gets together in just 10 minutes.
I also like the no-bake desserts, the ones that are prepared with the lowest amount of effort! And don't need an oven to make.
With just spending roughly 10 minutes to prepare and a couple of hours to set in the refrigerator – this no-bake Nutella squares recipe is quite literally a piece of cake!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Kids and adults love it.
- Easy to make dessert.
- It's a delicious sweet treat for all Nutella fans.
- This is a no-bake treat, so no oven is needed to make this recipe.
“See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.”
Plain biscuits: I prefer those that aren’t sweet or have the slightest sugar, such as digestive biscuits.
Butter: I used unsalted butter, melted.
Nutella: You don't have to use Nutella; you can use your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread.
Condensed milk: This will hold the biscuit crumbs together.
Chocolate: I used milk chocolate bar for topping, chocolate chips also work fine. Also, you may use white chocolate instead of milk.
Sunflower oil: To melt with the chocolate.
Vanilla extract: Or vanilla bean paste will also work.
How To Make Nutella Slices?
Before we begin with the recipe, line a 20 cm square baking pan with parchment paper.
Note: You don’t have to use a baking tray. You can use any container you’d like. These no-bake Nutella Slices will never make their way to the oven, so you don’t have to worry about oven-safe pans.
One: Now, you’d want to take the plain biscuits and crumble them up. You can use a food processor to do this, or put the biscuits in a bag and crush them with a heavy utensil such as a rolling pin (photo 1 & 2).
Once the baking pan is prepared, as well as the biscuit crumbs, you can move on to following the recipe.
Two - Prepare the no-bake slices: The first thing you’d want to do is find yourself a microwave-safe bowl. In the bowl, add butter and condensed milk. Microwave this mixture for 20 to 30 seconds or until the butter is melted (photo 3 & 4).
Three: Once melted, take the bowl out of the oven, and mix in the Nutella and the vanilla extract until well combined (photo 5 & 6).
Four: Lastly, In a mixing bowl, mix biscuit crumbs with the Press the Nutella mixture then press the mixture into the baking pan we had prepared in the beginning. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the top and make an even layer (photo 7 & 8).
Five - Prepare the Topping: Add the chocolate and oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10 seconds or until the chocolate is melted. Next, spread the mixture evenly on top of the biscuit crumbs mixture and then refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until it is set (photo 9 & 10).
That’s it! Super-easy Nutella Slices are ready to be served.
Tip: I recommend running the knife under hot water, dry it with a kitchen towel and use it to cut yourself some Nutella bars.
- Make sure you leave some of the parchment paper hanging out from the edges of the pan so you can pull the dessert out by grabbing the parchment paper.
- To make this recipe vegan, you need to switch out the condensed milk for some dairy-free condensed milk and the regular butter for some plant-based butter. That’s it!
Variations & Substitutions
- If you feel these Nutella bars don’t have enough Nutella, you can add an extra layer of Nutella on top of the chocolate.
- You can sprinkle your favourite choice of nuts on top, such as chopped hazelnuts, pecans, almonds or walnuts.
- Instead of nuts, decorate your topping with chocolate and peanut butter chips!
- Do you know what’s better than Nutella Slices? Nutella and peanut butter slices! You can give this recipe a complete 360-degree spin of flavour and substitute the condensed milk for peanut butter.
- Once cut into neat slices, drizzle some chocolate syrup on each slice and make this look like a Michelin star dessert!
Plate these slices with a scoop of melon ice cream or old-fashioned chocolate ice cream, and drizzle some chocolate syrup or blackberry simple syrup on top. Turn these low-effort goodies into a gourmet dessert!
Are you a chai (tea) or coffee lover? Then, next time you have your favourite beverage, don’t forget to add these sweet Nutella bars on the side.
To store: The best way to store this Nutella Slice is to keep it in an airtight container or ziplock bag and place it in the fridge. They will last for 4-5 days.
To freeze: Freeze them for 1-2 months, and remember to separate them with parchment paper. Take it out of the freezer and thaw at room temperature for a couple of hours before serving.
More Nutella Recipes
- Banana Nutella Muffins
- Nutella Overnight Oats
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Muffins
- Porridge With Nutella
No Bake Nutella Slice
- Line a 20 cm square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Take the plain biscuits and crumble them up. You can use a food processor to do this, or put the biscuits in a bag and crush them with a heavy utensil such as a rolling pin250 g plain biscuits
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add butter and condensed milk, and microwave for 20-30 seconds or until butter is melted.100 g butter, 250 g condensed milk
- Take the bowl out of the oven and mix in Nutella and vanilla extract until combined.110 g Nutella, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the biscuit crumbs and the Nutella mixture.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and use the back of a spoon to smooth the top.
- To make the topping: In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and oil and microwave for 10 seconds or until the chocolate is melted.200 g chocolate, ½ teaspoon sunflower oil
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of the biscuit crumbs mixture and then refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until it is set.
- You don’t have to use a baking tray. You can use any container you’d like. These no-bake Nutella bars will never make their way to the oven, so you don’t have to worry about oven-safe pans.
- Make sure you leave some of the parchment paper hanging out from the edges of the pan, so you can pull your dessert out by grabbing the parchment paper.
- I recommend running the knife under hot water, dry it with a kitchen towel and use it to cut yourself some Nutella bars.