I love this chocolate chips banana bread recipe so much because it is so easy and it never fails me. The banana bread always turns out so moist and sweet; it doesn’t need to be buttered at all. It is also loaded with chocolate that gives a lovely sweetened taste to this banana bread. The ideal bananas for this recipe are one's that are ripe. You can serve this chocolate chips banana bread for breakfast with any hot or cold drink you prefer.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
What's in this chocolate chips banana bread?
Chocolate chips (dark or semisweet)
How to make this chocolate Chips banana bread
Preparations: 1- preheat the oven to 180C.
2- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan well with butter.
3- Use a fork to mash the bananas then set aside.
Making the bread: Cream the butter and sugar until they become fluffy using an electric hand mixer.
Add eggs one by one then vanilla extract, whisk.
Then, add the mashed bananas, whisk.
Sifting the dry ingredients: Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients, whisk.
Add the chocolate chips to the batter and stir.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
Baking: Bake for 55-60 minutes or until fully baked.
Let the bread cool down completely.
- If you like to add some crunchiness to the bread, you can toss in the batter some chopped nuts or raisins. For me, I love to add chocolate chips. I find them enough.
- Please measure the flour correctly, because if you add more flour than the correct measurement, the bread will turn out dry.
- Don't overmix the batter after adding the flour, if you do so the bread won't rise well and will have a rubbery texture.
What if I don't have ripe bananas?
If you don't have ripe bananas and you don't want to wait any longer to make this banana bread, you can put your bananas unpeeled in a baking sheet then bake in the oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
How to mash the bananas?
You can mash the bananas either by slice them then putting the slices in the food processor and mashing them or simply use a fork to mash the banans. I prefer using the fork; it is much simpler.
Can I freeze this banana bread?
Yes, you can. This bread freezes extremely well. Wrap the bread slices in a plastic wrap well then put in a freezer container and put in the freezer for 1-2 months. When you need a slice just leave it to defrost at room temperature for when you need it.
- Healthy lemon and blueberry baked oatmeal
- Easy pumpkin bread recipe
- Easy chocolate chip banana muffins
Chocolate Chips Banana Bread
- Preparations: 1- preheat the oven to 180C.2- Grease a 9-inch loaf pan well with butter.3- Use a fork to mash the bananas then set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until they become fluffy using an electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs one by one then vanilla extract, whisk.
- Then, add the mashed bananas, whisk.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over the wet ingredients, whisk.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and stir.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until fully baked.
- Let the bread cool down completely.