Absolutely yummy! Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream is a rich, no-churn ice cream loaded with marshmallow fluff, dark chocolate chips and caramel sauce.
Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream
I can't deny that I love ice cream so much. However, since I made this recipe, it has become my favorite, and I make it frequently!
This recipe is almost the same as my Old Fashioned Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream recipe, but I made a delicious twist; I basically used more fun ingredients such as marshmallow fluff and caramel sauce.
Today, we are making a Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream! But before we start, let me tell you more about the taste and texture of this recipe:
The taste of this recipe is divine. The dark chocolatey taste, along with the mild sweetness of marshmallows, make a perfect scoop of ice cream that you would definitely want to eat again and again.
The texture is also quite a perfect combination of rich and creamy and smooth that easily melts in your tongue.
If you love ice cream, I promise you LOVE this recipe.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Children will have fun trying out this new twist in their typical ice cream.
- It is a freezer-friendly recipe that you can make ahead of time, meaning to say that you can make it now and keep it in the freezer.
- This ice cream is the perfect treat, especially during summer days.
- This is a no churn ice cream, so you don't need an ice cream maker or any special equipment to make this recipe.
“See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.”
Cocoa Powder. I prefer to use unsweetened cocoa powder to balance the sweetness of the condensed milk.
Heavy Cream. Heavy cream will add a rich flavor and thick consistency.
Sweetened Condensed Milk. Aside from adding sweetness, condensed milk will help soften the texture of the ice cream a bit for easy scooping.
Chocolate Chips. For this recipe, I prefer to use dark chocolate chips to accompany the cocoa powder in finishing up the chocolate taste of the recipe. You can replace them with milk chocolate chips or caramel chunks.
Caramel Sauce. It adds a caramel flavor and sweet taste to the ice cream.
Marshmallow Fluff. I use it for the perfect soft and pillowy texture. If the marshmallow spread you found in the store is called marshmallow cream, don't worry it is the same as marshmallow fluff.
How To Make Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream?
One: In a large mixing bowl, mix together cocoa powder and heavy cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form (don't over whip the cream, or it will become too stiff).
Tip: Don't overwhip the cream. Overly whipped cream does not make any good to the recipe; it will make the ice cream too stiff or hard for anyone's liking.
Two: Fold in the condensed milk and melted chocolate and stir until combined.
Tip: Be careful not to burn the chocolate while melting it; you can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate over medium heat or the microwave.
Three: Stir in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
Four: Scoop 1-2 cups of the mixture into a loaf pan or freezer-proof container, top it with half caramel sauce. Swirl through with the tip of a toothpick until evenly distributed.
Five: Spread half of the marshmallow fluff and swirl again.
Six: Now, add another cup of the chocolate mix on the top, and smooth over with a spatula. Add the remaining caramel sauce and marshmallow fluff, and swirl through again. Then spread the remaining chocolate mixture on top and scatter some chocolate chips (optional).
Seven: Cover the ice cream and freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight.
This recipe uses chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff; however, here are some additional goodies to add if you like.
- Dried fruits
- Flaked coconut
- White chocolate chips
- Graham Crackers or biscuits - If you like s'mores
Variations & Substitutions
- Top the finished ice cream with roasted marshmallows to emphasize more the presence of the marshmallow in this recipe you can also top it with mini marshmallows, chocolate chunks or chocolate syrup.
- Add a few drops of vanilla extract or peppermint extract.
How To Store
I store this ice cream in a freezer-safe container before storing it in the freezer. It lasts for 2 months at least.
More Ice Cream Recipes
- Homemade No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mango, Lime, And Coconut Popsicles Recipe
- Honeycomb Ice Cream
- Paletas de Tamarindo (Tamarind Popsicle)
- Black Raspberry Ice Cream - No Churn Recipe
- Homemade Red Velvet Ice Cream
- Biscoff Ice Cream Recipe (No Churn)
Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together melted chocolate, cocoa powder and heavy cream until soft peaks form(don't overwhip the cream, or it will become too stiff).20 g Cocoa Powder, 50 g Dark Chocolate, 300 g Heavy cream
- Now, fold in the condensed milk, then stir in the chocolate chips until combined.150 g Sweetened Condensed Milk, 50 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- Scoop half the mixture into a freezer-proof container, top it with half caramel sauce. Swirl through with the tip of a toothpick until evenly distributed.
- Spread half of the marshmallow fluff and swirl again.50 g Marshmallow Fluff
- Now, add the remainder of the chocolate mix on the top, and smooth over with a spoon or spatula. Add the remaining caramel sauce and marshmallow fluff, and swirl through again.50 g Caramel Sauce
- Cover the ice cream and freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight.