Salmon and eggs crustless quiche is a delicious lunch, brunch or even dinner with a savoury, creamy texture. Because it is crustless, it is low in calories and carbs, which makes this dish suitable for those on a low carb or calories diet restrictions. This dish will be ready in just 30 minutes; it is healthy and easy to prepare.
What's in this salmon and eggs crustless quiche
- Smoked salmon, chopped to small prices
- Heavy cream
- Salt, ground black pepper
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green onion
- Cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
how to make this salmon and egg crustless quiche
Preparations: preheat the oven to 170C.
Chop the salmon into bite-size pieces.
Half the cherry tomatoes.
Chop both the green onion and basil leaves.
Combining the ingredients: In a bowl, crack then whisk the eggs, salt and ground black pepper.
Add the heavy cream, whisk well.
After that, add the tomatoes, salmon, cheddar cheese and green onion, mix.
Pour the mixture into a 9-inch baking dish.
Baking: Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top become golden.
Let the quiche cool down, garnish then serve.
- For better taste, grate your cheese and believe me it worth the effort. The taste is so much better when using freshly grated cheese.
- Because smoked salmon and cheddar cheese are both salty, you don't need to use much salt or even not to use it at all; if you prefer that.
Can I use milk instead of heavy cream?
Yes, you can. However, using heavy cream is so much better than using milk in this recipe; it will give the quiche a more rich custardy texture. Using milk will provide it with a different texture, but both will be delicious.
Can I bake this quiche in a muffin tin instead of a baking dish?
Yes, you can. It probably fills from 12-14 muffin holes. However, it would be best if you watched it while baking because it may take only 20-22 minutes in the oven.
What to do with the leftovers?
You can wrap in them in a plastic wrap or keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze them for 1 to 2 months. Then you can quickly reheat them in the oven or microwave again.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy lemon and blueberry baked oatmeal
- Easy pumpkin bread recipe
- Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs for quick healthy breakfast
Crustless Quiche Recipe With Salmon And Eggs
- Preparations: preheat the oven to 170C.Chop the salmon into bite-size pieces.Half the cherry tomatoes.Chop both the green onion and basil leaves.
- In a bowl, crack then whisk the eggs, salt and ground black pepper.
- Add the heavy cream, whisk well.
- After that, add the tomatoes, salmon, cheddar cheese and green onion, mix.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top become golden.
- Let the quiche cool down, garnish then serve.