Guys, I am so excited to share how to make cucumber water. It is an incredibly refreshing, healthy and super easy drink. I flavored it with mint leaves and lemon slices.
Super easy and simple recipe; as easy as you slice all the fruits and put them in the water to infuse, it couldn't get easier than that.
I really enjoyed this cucumber-infused drink; for me, it is better than soda because it is a sugar-free, healthy, low-calorie drink.
You can make this recipe with only cucumber and water; however, adding lemon and mint really enhances the flavor and makes the drink even more relevant.
You may also add any other fruits; this recipe is totally customizable.
As a refreshment, this recipe can be served any time you would prefer it. In the morning, for lunch or dinner, pairing it with any of your homemade meal dishes.
The ingredients are all simply combined to make one of the most refreshing drinks you will ever get to try. The recipe is super easy, is a vegan refreshment, and is perfect for the whole family. I assure you children and adults will love this beverage.
What's in This Recipe?
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
English Cucumber. I recommend using English cucumber since It is sweet and has fewer seeds than any other type of cucumber. Also, the skin of this type of cucumber is thinner as well, which means you don't have to peel it.
Water. I used tap water, but you may use sparkling water instead.
Lemon. It will give that interesting zing that will make this drink even more refreshing and delicious.
Fresh Mint Leaves. They are responsible for making this refreshment have that cool and minty taste. You may use fresh basil leaves instead.
Ice. Complete this drink with ice! A cold, delicious, refreshing drink is always a satisfying way to quench the thirst.
How to Make Cucumber Water?
One: Wash and slice the cucumber and lemon into thin slices.
Two: In a jug, add water, cucumber slices, lemon slices, mint leaves and ice.
Three: Stir everything, then put it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to allow the water to be infused. Then add the ice and serve.
Tip: Don't add too much ice. The ice will soon melt once you start serving the Cucumber Water, which can make it taste bland.
- Don't use too many lemon slices for this drink because it will overwhelm the taste of cucumber. Remember that you are only using lemon for additional flavor, the main taste should still be that of cucumbers.
- Make and keep your Cucumber Water in the fridge a day before you plan to serve it. This will allow the cucumber and lemon to fully infuse the water, ensuring the most flavorful Cucumber Water you can bring about.
Serve this Cucumber Water with fresh fruits such as blueberries and grapes. You can also serve this drink with your favorite fruit salad.
Even simple crackers and chips can already be good pairs for this cool and refreshing taste of the infused water.
To store: Seal the jug where you have placed the drink, and refrigerate it for 3 to 5 days.
Make-ahead of time: Combine all ingredients in a jug and refrigerate the Cucumber Water for 24 hours before you plan to serve it.
Of course, so long as the cucumbers have only been in the water for a day, longer than that, and the cucumbers will already taste bland when eaten.
Yes, you can. Consider adding sliced kiwi, strawberry, or lime for more flavor.
More Drink Recipes
- Oat Milk Hot Chocolate
- How to Make Thyme Tea
- Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- Sahlab (Mediterranean Milk Pudding)
- Chocolate Bubble Tea
- Homemade Caramel Latte Recipe
- Korean Strawberry Milk Recipe
How to Make Cucumber Water
- ½ English cucumber , sliced
- 2 Liters Water
- 1 Lemon , thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Leaves of mint
- Ice as desired
- Wash and slice the cucumber and lemon into thin slices.
- In a jug, add water, cucumber slices, lemon slices, mint leaves and ice.
- Stir everything, then put it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to allow the water to be infused.
- Don't use too many lemon slices for this drink because it will overwhelm the taste of cucumber.
- Make and keep this drink in the fridge a day before you plan to serve it. This will allow the cucumber and lemon to fully infuse the water.
- Don't add too much ice. The ice will soon melt once you start serving your drink, which can make it taste bland.