Foil pack cajun chicken and veggies is an incredibly easy dinner idea that is totally customizable. This is my go-to recipe for cooking chicken breast without drying out, loaded with vegetables and seasoned with homemade cajun seasonings. Super convenient and simple!
Foil Pack Cajun Chicken And Veggie
You may be wondering why a foil pack dinner? Well, foil packs are a brilliant idea of cooking chicken and veggies because it contains both the veggies and the chicken sealed inside the foil pack which keeps the chicken juicy and the veggies so tender and prevents them from getting dry in the oven.
All you have to do is mix any veggies you have in the fridge with the chicken breast and season with the cajun seasonings then bake and enjoy! A super healthy and easy dinner.
My family love these cajun chicken foil packets so much, they are perfect for lunch as well as dinner.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Chicken: I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into big chunks.
Vegetables: I used broccoli, carrot, bell pepper, zucchini and garlic.
Cajun Seasoning: I used a homemade cajun seasoning by mixing the seasoning below:
salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powdered, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and chilli flacks. You may use store-bought if you like.
How To Make Cajun Chicken And Veggie in Foil Packets
One: Preheat the oven to 210c / 410f.
Two: Cut all the veggies and chicken into big pieces.
Three: In a bowl, mix the minced garlic, olive oil and all the cajan seasoning together.
Four: Add the chicken and veggies to the bowl and mix well, make sure that the veggies and chicken are well mixed with the seasoning.
Five: Prepare 4 large foil sheets then spoon the mixture evenly in the foil sheets. Then, fold and seal the foil packs.
Six: Place the foil packs in an ovenproof baking sheet then bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Add any veggies you like to the foil packs such as peas, cauliflower, green beans, onion, carrot or potatoes.
- If you don't want this recipe to be chilli, skip the chilli flakes.
More Dinner Recipes
Foil Pack Cajun Chicken And Veggies
- 3 boneless chicken breasts cut into big chunks
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 carrot cut to half mon
- 1 bell pepper cut into big chunks
- 1 courgette sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Preparing the chicken and veggies: cut all the veggies and chicken into big pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, olive oil and all the cajan seasoning.
- Add the chicken and veggies to the bowl and make sure that the veggies and chicken are well mixed with the seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 210C.
- Prepare 4 large foil sheets then spoon the mixture evenly in the foil sheets.
- Then, fold and seal the foil packs.
- Place the foil packs in an ovenproof baking sheet then bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Add any veggies you like to the foil packs.
- If you don't want this recipe to be chilli, remove the chilli flakes.