Today I will share a classic coleslaw recipe. You won't need to buy coleslaw salad anymore as you can make a homemade coleslaw in less than 10 minutes and it is fresh, delicious, and so creamy.
This coleslaw salad recipe is perfect for lunch or as a side dish with chicken, meat, pasta, or fish dishes.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
Onion, peeled, grated
How to make this Homemade Coleslaw?
Preparing the veggies: Julienne the carrots and white cabbage (You can use mandoline or a sharp knife). Put both the cabbage and carrot in a bowl. Now great the onions, then add them in the bowl with the cabbage and carrot.
Making the coleslaw dressing: In a jug, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt, black pepper, granulated sugar, and mustard powder.
Next, pour the dressing over the veggies and mix well.
Serve and enjoy.
Tips for the Best Coleslaw Salad
- If you don't have mandoline to Julienne the carrots and cabbage, watch this video. It will teach you how to Julienne carrots and cabbage using a sharp knife.
- In this coleslaw recipe, I use a green cabbage; however, you can use purple, or both if you like.
- Feel free to replace sour cream with Greek yoghurt, if you prefer it.
- If you like to make it slightly spicy, you can add ½ pod of Jalapeño (diced) or ¼ tsp chilli powder.
Coleslaw Salad Recipe FAQs
Do I have to Julienne the carrots and cabbage?
No, you don't, you can simply shred carrots and cabbage using the big holes in the grating box.
Can I make coleslaw salad ahead of a time?
Yes, you can make it a day in advance and keep it in the fridge until serving.
Is this coleslaw salad recipe keto-friendly?
Yes, it is if you omit the granulated sugar or replace it with any granulated sweetener.
How to store this salad?
Cover this salad and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
What to serve with this salad?
Almost anything will go well with this salad such as the recipes below:
Homemade Coleslaw Salad
- Use Mandoline or a sharp knife to julienne the carrots and white cabbage, and great the onions then put everything in a big bowl.
- In a jug, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sour cream, salt, black pepper, granulated sugar, and mustard powder.
- Next, pour the dressing over the veggies and mix well. Serve and enjoy.