If you are searching for the best sponge cake recipe ever. This super fluffy sponge cake which I use as a base in the making a lot of my favourite cakes, is so easy to make and can be kept in the fridge for four days without getting dry.
It is a plain sponge cake which makes it like a white canvas to decorate it as you wish. I love making this recipe as base in three different pans instead of big one then splitting it (I found that much easier). This simple cake could come in handy if you are in need of a quick dessert.
Super Fluffy Sponge Cake Recipe
This recipe is so easy, and it demands only four ingredients. Actually the traditional way of making this cake only needs three ingredients they don't add baking powder, which I prefer to add for an extra rise in the cake.
This recipe makes three layers 18 cm cake or two layers 22 cm cake.
Sponge Cake Ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
How to Make The Best sponge cake recipe?
- Start with cracking the eggs in a bowl, then whisking them with the electric whisk well until they become fluffy
- After that, add sugar then whisk again
- Then, add the flour and baking powder then whisk one more time
- Line a three 18 cm baking dish with parchment paper
- To have three equal size layers, use a measuring cup to divide the batter in the three baking dishes
- Bake at 170C for 23-25 minutes or until fully baked
- Get out of the oven and let them cool down
The Best Sponge Cake
To get the perfect cake, you need to beat the batter with the electric whisk well; whisking is the secret for an ideal sponge cake, so you incorporate the air in the batter and make the cake fluffy.
What May Go Wrong
1- The cake may come out of the oven fully baked but didn't rise well. The cause of that may be because of you have used not a good quality flour or you didn't beat the batter properly.
2- The cake stuck in the baking pan. To solve this problem you need to line the baking pan with parchment paper.
3- The layers are not equal. To overcome this problem use a measuring cup to divide the batter between the baking pans, so they come out equal.
4- The cake is too thin or flat. Using a bigger size pan than 22cm could make the cake so thin. Or, it may be undercooked.
What Do We Need A Plain Sponge Cake For
This Plain cake is so important if you are like me and love making cakes at home instead of buying ones packed with artificial flavours, colours and sugars from stores. So you can use this cake base in making a lot of cake varieties such as chocolate, vanilla, strawberries cake and more.
How To Store This Cake
To store this plain cake wrap it carefully with stretch wrap then keep it in the fridge for a maximum of 4 days.
More Cake Recipes
Recipes you may like
Best Sponge Cake Recipe (4 Ingredients)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 eggs , large in-room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, then whisking them with the electric whisk well until they become fluffy.7 eggs
- After that, add sugar then whisk again.1 cup sugar
- Then, add the flour and baking powder then whisk one more time.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Line a three 18 cm baking dish with parchment paper.
- To have three equal size layers, use a measuring cup to divide the batter in the three baking dishes.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until fully baked.
- Get out of the oven and let them cool down.
Follow Healthy Life Trainer on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to keep up-to-date with all new recipes.
Leave a Reply