Delicious, fluffy, and soft, these eggnog cookies are the perfect treat for the holidays. They have a tender texture and lovely eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg flavours. This is one of my favourite Christmas cookie recipes. It is easy to make and is always a big hit at holiday parties. It is also suitable for a cookie exchange.
These eggnog cookies will melt away in your mouth. You will love them even if you don't like eggnog. My youngest daughter loves these eggnog cookies even though she is not a fan of eggnog.
What do you need to make these Eggnog Cookies?
Light brown sugar
Butter, in-room temperature
How to make these eggnog cookies?
Preparations: Preheat the oven to 190C/374F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Making the Cookies: In a mixing bowl, whisk butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined then mix in the egg. Add the eggnog to the previous mixture, whisk. Stir in the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Now, wet your hands with water and scoop up a tablespoon of the batter. Roll it between your wet hands then put onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all the batter finishes.
Baking: Bake for 15 minutes then let the cookies cool down completely.
Making the Topping: Microwave the white chocolate for 40 seconds then put it in a piping bag. Drizzle the cookies with the chocolate and sprinkle some ground cinnamon on the top.
- For the best baking result, use store-bought eggnog.
- Measure the flour correctly.
What are other topping alternatives?
Eggnog Buttercream: Use the electric whisk for mixing 2 cups of icing sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 2 tablespoons of eggnog.
Ground Cinnamon and Sugar Mixture: If you like snickerdoodles, you will defiantly like using this topping.
Eggnog Glaze: Combine 1.5 cups of icing sugar with 4 tbsp of eggnog.
What to serve with these cookies?
You can serve these homemade cookies with a glass of milk, a cup of tea, coffee, or homemade eggnog.
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes, you can, these cookies freeze very well. You can leave them in room temperature to defrost, or you can even put them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Looking for more Christmas treats? Check these:
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preparations: Line a 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 190C/374F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, and granulated sugar until combined then mix in the egg.
- Add the eggnog to the mixture, whisk. Then, stir in the flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Now, wet your hands with some water and scoop up a tablespoon of the batter. Roll it between your wet hands then put onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all the batter finishes.
- Bake for about 15 minutes then let the cookies cool down completely.
Making the Topping
- Microwave the white chocolate for 30-40 seconds then put it in a piping bag and drizzle the cookies then sprinkle some ground cinnamon on the top.