Do your children love McDonald's nuggets? Then you should try these homemade chicken nuggets. It’s way better for them than McDonald's and your kids will go crazy for them. These chicken nuggets are so crispy and easy to make. You can even make them ahead of time and freeze for a quick and easy weekday dinner. Or you can put them in your children’s lunch boxes.
The first time I made these chicken nuggets, my young daughter told me, “Mom, these nuggets are better than what you buy me from McDonalds.” I was so happy about that! I usually serve them with ketchup or hot mayo and garlic parmesan baked potatoes.
Baked Chicken Nuggets Ingredients:
Chicken: Chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
Breading: cornflake crumbs, cornmeal, and breadcrumbs.
Seasonings: Salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
Other ingredients: Eggs and milk.
How To Make These Homemade Chicken Nuggets?
Preparations: Preheat the oven to 190C.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Breading: On a plate, mix cornflake crumbs, cornmeal, bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper. In a small bowl, mix the beaten eggs and milk. Pour the egg mixture over the chicken breast pieces, mix well, then dip each piece into the crumbs mixture.
Baking: Arrange the nuggets onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
Can I freeze these chicken nuggets?
yes, you can. I usually make a big patch of these chicken nuggets; I bread them and put in an airtight container then freeze for baking later.
More chicken recipes:
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- First: Preheat the oven to 190C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper then set aside.
- On a plate, mix cornmeal, cornflake crumbs, bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, ground black pepper, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and milk then pour the mixture over the chicken breast pieces, mix well.
- After that, dip each piece into the crumbs mixture.
- Put the nuggets onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they’re golden brown.