I was not a big fan of roasted vegetables; however, since I prepared this spicy roasted cauliflower recipe, I became fond of it. Now, I make it often for dinner with chicken breasts, thighs or sometimes with minced beef as a side dish. This roasted cauliflower recipe is so delicious, and it is customizable by changing the spices to whatever ones you fancy. Sometimes I like to use different spices like onion powder, paprika, cumin or even curry.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
If you love vegetable snacks, You can just drizzle the cauliflower with some salt, pepper and olive oil then roast it in the oven at a high temperature and there you are, the best roasted cauliflower snack ever. I could eat a whole baking tray full of this roasted cauliflower snack.
If you get tired of steaming or boiling cauliflower, try this delicious yet simple roasted cauliflower recipe. All you need are some spices of your choice, lemon, olive oil and garlic to make this fantastic roasted cauliflower recipe.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is a delicious low carb vegetable. It has very low calories; one raw cup of cauliflower has about 25 calories. Moreover, it is high in fibre and vitamin c and moderated in vitamin K, calcium and iron.
How To Store The Fresh Cauliflower?
To store cauliflower for longer, you need to wrap it in paper towels and keep it in the fridge. Also, you need to check it and change the paper towels if it gets wet.
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
- Ground black pepper
- Chilli flakes (don't use if you don't want spice)
- Garlic, minced
- Olive oil (use extra virgin olive oil for better taste)
- Fresh basil leaves (or dry)
This amount of ingredients serves 6. You can double or use half the ingredients according to your serving desire.
How To Make Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower heads into medium-sized florets, then wash them and drain well
- In a big bowl, mix all the olive oil, salt, black pepper, chilli flakes, lemon juice, minced garlic cloves and the fresh basil leaves
- Toss the cauliflower in the bowl, mix well all the ingredients using your hands
- Place the cauliflower in a baking tray then bake for 45 minutes at 210 C
- When the cauliflower terns to a golden brown, it is ready to serve
- Get the cauliflower out of the oven and sprinkle with some dried basil
- Serve hot
What Other Dishes To Serve With Roasted Cauliflower?
There are so many dishes to serve with roasted cauliflower, I like to serve it with steak with butter and garlic, grilled chicken liver with garlic and lemon juice or stuffed chicken breast with spinach.
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Cut the cauliflower heads into medium-sized florets, then wash them and drain well.
- In a big bowl, mix all the olive oil, salt, black pepper, chilli flakes, lemon juice, minced garlic cloves and the fresh basil leaves.
- Toss the cauliflower in the bowl, mix well all the ingredients using your hands.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking tray then bake for 45 minutes at 210 C.
- When the cauliflower terns to a golden brown, it is ready to serve.
- Get the cauliflower out of the oven and sprinkle with some dried basil.
- Serve hot.