This Mediterranean chicken and vegetables is a one-pan meal, super easy! Toss everything together in one dish then bake, is there anything easier? A soft juicy chicken and vegetables filled with garlic and herb (thyme, oregano, paprika) flavours will be ready soon for a healthy filling dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
I am a big fan of cooking a one-pan meal because you prepare both the main and side dish in one pan you don’t have to use all the kitchen pots and pans to cook dinner.
What’s In This Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
This Mediterranean chicken recipe has a few ingredients which I am sure you will easily find in your pantry.
- Chicken thighs with skin
- Olive oil
- Brown sugar
- Chicken broth or stock
Spices are an essential part of this recipe as they give the Mediterranean flavours to the chicken.
- Green peas
How To Make The Mediterranean Chicken And Vegetables
Preparing the chicken: Start by Wash the chicken then dry with a kitchen towel.
Making the dressing: In a bowl, add all the spices, olive oil, mustard, brown sugar and minced garlic then stir well until a thick paste-like mixture forms.
Arrange the chicken in an ovenproof baking dish then spread the previous mixture underneath the skin of each chicken thigh.
Combining everything: Add the green peas, sliced onion and the potatoes under and between the chicken thighs.
Pour the broth over the chicken.
Baking: Bake at 210C for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Serving: Garnish with fresh thyme or chopped parsley then serve.
Tip: After half of the baking time, flip the chickens on the other side to make sure they are perfectly cooked.
Tips and Alternatives
- You can add, remove or replace any vegetable you fancy, such as courgettes or carrots.
- If you don’t have chicken broth or stock, you can use water.
- This recipe wouldn’t work well if you replaced chicken thighs with chicken breasts.
How To Serve This Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
This is a whole meal, so serve it as it is or with some rice that’s it.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Casserole with Mozzarella and Tomato
- Lemon Garlic Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Fajita Recipe
Mediterranean Chicken And Vegetables For Dinner
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 onion sliced
- 5 potatoes medium-sized
- Wash the chicken then dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl, add all the spices, olive oil, mustard, brown sugar and minced garlic then stir well until it forms a thick mixture like a paste.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a baking dish then spread the previous mixture underneath the skin of each chicken thigh.
- After that, add the green peas, sliced onion and the potatoes under and between the chicken thighs.
- Pour the broth over the chicken.
- Bake at 210C for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme or chopped parsley then serve.