This baked cod is so tender and juicy it is baked in the oven with olive oil, butter, garlic along with spices such as fresh thyme, cayenne pepper and paprika. And of course, I can’t imagine baking any type of seafood dish without using lemon juice which adds a beautiful citrusy flavour to the dish. This Baked cod recipe takes only 10-15 minutes in the oven for a quick fancy dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
Baked Cod Ingredients
- Cod fillets
- Olive oil
This recipe serves two people.
How To Make This Baked Cod With Garlic And Butter
- Preheat the oven at 210C then place the cod in an ovenproof baking dish
- In a bowl, add minced garlic, melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice and all the spices. Stir well until combined
- Use a brush to spread the mixture thoroughly covering the whole cod
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked (flakes easily )
- Garnish with some chopped parsley then serve
Can I Use A Frozen Cod?
Yes, you can use frozen cod, just let it defrost at room temperature then get rid of all the excess water using a kitchen towel.
How To Serve The Baked Cod
This baked cod can be served alongside a variety of dishes such as white rice, salad, grilled vegetables or one of my side dish recipes below.
Green Beans: This fresh green beans recipe uses butter, garlic and parmesan cheese.
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower: This roasted cauliflower recipe uses olive oil, garlic, lemon and chilli flakes.
More Seafood Recipes
- Chilli Shrimp Salad – Easy Recipe
- Baked Salmon With Garlic And Parsley
- Tasty And Spicy Prawns With Tomato Sauce
Baked Cod With Garlic And Butter
- 2 cod fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of a half lemon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven at 210C then place the cod in an ovenproof baking dish.
- In a bowl, add minced garlic, melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice and all the spices. Stir well until combined.
- Use a brush to spread the mixture thoroughly covering the whole cod.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked (flakes easily ).
- Garnish with some chopped parsley then serve.