This is a delicious cheesy low carb lasagna without using noodles. This low-carb eggplant lasagna recipe is suitable for dinner or lunch. Also, it is a keto-friendly. So, I use eggplants instead of noodles to make the lasagna.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
Ingredients of low-carb eggplant lasagna recipe:
fresh parsley for garnish
How to make low-carb cheesy eggplant lasagna recipe:
1- Preheat oven to 240°C.
2- Peel and slice eggplants thinly. Then, season with salt.
3- After that, in a bowl, mix the soft cheese, Parmesan and egg.
4- Also, in a small pot over medium heat, pour the oil, onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until the onion is tender.
5- Then add tomato sauce and all the spices stir and cook for another one minute.
6- In a medium oven dish, place a thin layer of tomato sauce.
7- Then add the first layer of the eggplant, then a layer of the cheeses mixture, and sparkle some mozzarella.
8- Keep repeating that, in the top of the last layer of eggplant, add tomato sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
9- Cover foil and bake for 50 minutes.
10- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, then serve.
How to put everything together:
The first layer placed at the bottom is a little bit of tomato sauce. Then, the eggplants slice layer. After that, a cheese mixture layer. Finally, sparkle the mozzarella. Then, repeat.
Tips and suggestions:
- It is not important to cook the eggplants before making the lasagna. I did it without cooking the eggplants, and it was so delicious.
- This no pasta lasagna can be made with other vegetables, if you don,t like eggplants. For example, zucchini is a wonderful substitute.
- You can add some pre-made minced beef or chicken slices to make the meal full nutritious. Als, it is an excellent way to get everything in one dish.
- Try to cut the eggplants thin for not taking so much time in cooking.
Low-Carb Cheesy Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
- 3 medium Eggplants
- 250 g Soft cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 Egg large
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- Onion big
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp Dry basil
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flacks
- Preheat oven to 240°C.
- Peel and slice eggplants thinly. Then, season with salt.
- In a bowl, mix the soft cheese, Parmesan and egg.
- In a small pot over medium heat, pour the oil, onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Then, add tomato sauce and all the spices stir and cook for another one minute.
- In a medium oven dish, place a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Then add the first layer of the eggplant, then a layer of the cheeses mixture, and sparkle some mozzarella.
- Cover foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, then serve.
If you want more low-carb recipes, check:
I hope you enjoy this low carb cheesy eggplant lasagna recipe as much as I did.