Delicious and deeply flavoured Mediterranean eggplant salad made with mixing baked or grilled eggplant, tomatoes, spring onion and drizzled with a flavourful salad dressing of garlic, vinegar, olive oil with a hint of salt and pepper. This Mediterranean eggplant salad pairs so well with any grilled or baked chicken or meat.
Eggplant Salad Ingredients
To make the Mediterranean eggplant salad, you will need the ingredients below.
- Spring onion, sliced
- Cherry tomato, chopped
- Garlic, minced
- Ground black pepper
- Vinegar (any kind)
- Olive oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
- Parsley serving
How to Make The Mediterranean Eggplant Salad
Preparing the eggplants: You can peel the eggplants or leave the skin on as you wish (i peeled it) then slice to a medium-sized thickness.
Spray a baking sheet with oil then arrange the eggplant slices in the sheet.
Spray oil in both sides of each slice.
Baking the eggplants: Bake at 210C for 20 minutes or until they become golden brown.
Preparing the sauce: In a bowl, mix spring onion, minced garlic, chopped tomato, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Adding the sauce to the eggplants: Once you take the eggplant out of the oven, put it in a bowl then pour some of the sauce over them. Keep doing that until you finish all the eggplants.
You must add the sauce to the eggplant while hot to absorb the sauce.
Mix the eggplant well with the sauce (be careful the eggplant is so soft).
Garnish: with chopped parsley.
- This healthy salad is so delightful and can be served hot or cold as you wish.
- You can make it ahead then keep it in the fridge until you need it.
How To Serve This Salad
This eggplant salad is perfect for a healthy lunch or as a side dish to grilled or baked meat, chicken or fish. I like to serve it with any of the dishes below.
- Baked Cod With Garlic And Butter
- Butter Garlic Chicken Breast Recipe
- Roasted Chicken With Herbs And Butter
- Baked Chicken Thighs With Honey And Garlic
- Baked Salmon With Garlic And Parsley
More Salad Recipes
Mediterranean Eggplant Salad
- Peel the eggplants then slice to a medium-sized thickness.
- Spray an oven baking sheet with olive oil then arrange the eggplants slices in it and spray oil on both sides of all the eggplant slices.
- Bake at 210 C for 20 minutes or until the eggplants become golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine the spring onion, minced garlic, chopped tomato, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the baked eggplants in a bowl then pour some of the sauce over them, keep doing that until you finish all the eggplants.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.