Super delicious and flavored Mediterranean cold eggplant salad made with roasted eggplant, tomatoes, and spring onion and drizzled with a flavorful salad dressing made of garlic, vinegar and olive oil. Perfect for BBQ parties or as a side dish!
Cold Eggplant Salad Recipe
Attention eggplant lovers, this cold eggplant salad is AMAZING! Simple, quick, easy and pairs so well with any grilled or baked chicken or meat.
This salad also is super easy to put together, can be made ahead of time, stored in the fridge for so long, and it is SO delicious!
Although this salad is more delicious eaten cold, you may like it warm; it is a personal preference.
I’m a super fan of eggplants. And this roasted eggplant salad is just so perfect; it is light, and roasting the eggplants adds an even more delicious smokey flavour. I LOVE it.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Eggplant: I used 3 medium eggplants, and I also like to peel them. However, you may leave the peel on if you like. When you buy the eggplant, look for the firm with a shiny skin.
For The Dressing: I used cider vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, spring onion, salt and ground black pepper.
Parsley: To garnish the dish.
Note: If you like it spicy, add finely chopped red chili.
How to Make Mediterranean Cold Eggplant Salad
Before starting, preheat the oven to 200c / 400f.
One (Prepare the eggplants): You can peel the eggplants or leave the skin on as you wish (i peeled it) then slice to a medium-sized thickness.
Two: Spray a baking sheet with oil then arrange the eggplant slices in the sheet.
Three: Spray oil in both sides of each slice.
Four (Bake the eggplants): Bake for 15-20 minutes or until they become golden brown.
Five (Prepare the sauce): In a bowl, mix spring onion, minced garlic, chopped tomato, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Six (Add the sauce to the eggplants): Once you take the eggplant out of the oven, put it in a bowl then pour some of the sauce over them. Keep doing that until you finish all the eggplants.
Tip: You must add the sauce to the eggplant while hot to absorb the sauce.
Seven: Mix the eggplant well with the sauce (be careful the eggplant is so soft). Garnish with chopped parsley.
You can make it ahead and then keep it in the fridge until you need it. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days.
This salad freezes well. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months.Allow it to defrost at room temperature, then enjoy it.
How To Serve This Salad
This eggplant salad is perfect for lunch or as a side dish to grilled or baked meat, chicken or fish. I like to serve it with any of the dishes below.
- Baked Cod With Garlic And Butter
- Butter Garlic Chicken Breast Recipe
- Roasted Chicken With Herbs And Butter
- Baked Chicken Thighs With Honey And Garlic
- Baked Salmon With Garlic And Parsley
More Salad Recipes
More Eggplant Recipes
- Grilled Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
- Eggplant Napoleons With Mozzarella Cheese
- Mutabal Recipe (Roasted Eggplant Dip)
- Lebanese Baba Ghanouj (Grilled Eggplant & Tahini)
- Moussaka (Musaka) Greek Recipe
Cold Eggplant Salad
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 400f.
- Peel the eggplants then slice to a medium-sized thickness.3 eggplant
- Spray an oven baking sheet with olive oil then arrange the eggplants slices in it and spray oil on both sides of all the eggplant slices.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggplants become golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine the spring onion, minced garlic, chopped tomato, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.2 spring onion, 5 garlic, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, ¼ cup cherry tomato
- Put the baked eggplants in a bowl then pour some of the sauce over them, keep doing that until you finish all the eggplants.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.1 tablespoon parsley
- Although This salad is more delicious eaten cold, you may like it warm; it is a personal preference.
- If you like it spicy, add finely chopped red chilli to it.