This creamy avocado sauce pasta (guacamole pasta) is incredibly flavourful, delicious and flavourful. It is perfect for a quick dinner since it will be ready in less than 20 minutes. The avocado sauce that I made for this recipe is out of this world; it is super creamy and yummy, and it doesn't need any cooking.
Avocado Sauce Pasta Recipe
My daughter calls this dish guacamole pasta because the sauce of this pasta has almost the same ingredients as guacamole and made by mixing avocado, basil, garlic and olive oil in the food processor. I also use this green pasta sauce with lots of other dishes.
The avocado sauce pasta recipe is so easy. I simply cooked the pasta, mixed all the avocado sauce ingredients using the food processor, and then stirred the pasta in the sauce. I also topped the dish with parmesan cheese, which made it incredibly delicious.
You won't believe how good and tasty this recipe is until you taste it. By the way, this pasta can be eaten cold or hot, so delicious in both cases. This dish is stable in my house; I always serve it with Roasted Chicken With Herbs And Butter or Foil Pack Cajun Chicken And Veggie.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- This dish goes well with almost any chicken, beef or fish main dish, such as Lamb Tikka Masala, Chicken Bolognese and Black Pepper Beef Stir Fry.
- Easy, vegetarian and healthy pasta dish that is suitable for the whole family.
- Can be made vegan by using a vegan friendly parmesan cheese.
- An easy pasta recipe made with fresh ingredients.
- A delicious pasta dish that is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Spaghetti: I used Spaghetti, but the recipe goes well with any pasta shape; you can also use whole wheat pasta or gluten-free pasta.
Avocado: I recommend using a ripped avocado; it gives this dish a creamy texture.
Fresh basil: To make the avocado pesto sauce.
Olive oil: You can us avocado oil instead.
Garlic: Fresh garlic gives this dish a delicious flavor.
Cherry tomatoes: Or just chopped tomatoes.
Salt & Black pepper: To taste.
Parmesan cheese: You may use Feta cheese instead.
- Add some fresh lime juice or lemon juice.
- Add some veggies such as baby spinach, green onion, green peas, carrots or corn.
- You can use cheddar or mozzarella cheese instead of parmesan cheese.
- Add some fresh herbs, such as cilantro or fresh parsley.
- Top it with some nuts, such as walnut or pine nuts.
- To make the avocado pesto sauce extra creamy, add ¼ cup of sour cream.
- Add some heat to it by adding ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes or chili powder.
- Add some protein, such as chopped chicken, shrimp or Savoury Mince.
How To Make Creamy Avocado Sauce Pasta
One - Make the avocado and basil sauce (avocado pesto sauce): Using the food processor, combine basil, garlic, avocado, olive oil, salt and pepper (photo 1).
Two - Cook the pasta: In a pot full of salted water, cook the pasta over medium heat according to the package instructions until al dente. Then, drain (photo 2).
Three - Mix pasta with avocado sauce : In a mixing bowl, combine the well-drained pasta with the sauce and tomatoes (photo 3).
Four - Sprinkle half of the parmesan cheese then stir. Sprinkle the other half on top then serve (photo 4).
How To Serve
To store this guacamole pasta, keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Use a vegan parmesan cheese to make this recipe vegan.
It must not be too thick or runny. If it turns out thick, you can add ¼ cup milk to adjust the consistency and make it creamy.
Related Pasta Recipes To Consider
Creamy Avocado Sauce Pasta
- In a pot full of salted water, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Then, drain.300 g spaghetti
- After that, using the food processor, combine basil, garlic, avocado, olive oil, salt and pepper.1 avocado, ½ cup fresh basil, ⅓ cup olive oil, 3 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the well-drained pasta with the green sauce and tomatoes.½ cup cherry tomatoes,
- Sprinkle half of the parmesan cheese then stir.⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle the other half on top then serve.
- Use ripe avocados.
- You can use any type of pasta you like, such as whole wheat pasta.
- The green pasta sauce is so delicious and can be added to any other dish as well.
- To store this guacamole pasta, keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.