Lazy Cake is a delicious and easy dessert made by mixing biscuit crumbs, chocolate, heavy cream, and butter. You only need four ingredients to make this Lazy Cake, and you can add some toppings to it if you like. This Lazy Cake, which also called Chocolate Biscuit Cake or No-Bake Chocolate Cake, is rich, crunchy, and chocolaty. It can be made in less than ten minutes, but you will have to wait for it patiently until it cools down in the fridge then you can enjoy it with a cup of milk or any drink you fancy.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
What is Lazy Cake?
I don't know why it called that name, but I think because it is so easy to make or it doesn't need any baking or maybe because it doesn't need many ingredients. Anyway, this Lazy Cake is a fudgy, delicious, and sweet dessert. I don't know its origin, but this cake is popular in the media east area in countries like Egypt and Lebanon.
Why should you make this cake?
- It is super easy to make
- So delicious and chocolaty
- No-fuss baking
- To satisfy your sweet craving
Lazy cake ingredients:
You only need four ingredients to make this No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake - plus toppings which is optional.
- Tea biscuits: I used digestive biscuits
- Heavy cream
- Butter: Use unsalted butter
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: I prefer using semi-sweet chocolate in this recipe
Powdered sugar, raspberries, and blueberries.
Instructions for making the lazy cake recipe:
Prepare the Biscuit: Put the biscuits in a large zipped bag. Use a rolling pin to smash the biscuits into small pieces then transfer into a bowl.
Making the chocolate sauce: In a saucepan, heat heavy cream and butter until the butter melts. Then turn off the heat and put the chocolate chips in the hot mixture, whisk until melts.
Making the Lazy Cake: Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuits, mix well until all the biscuits are coated with chocolate.
Refrigerating the cake: Transfer the mixture into a 20cm springform (lined with parchment paper) then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Adding the toppings and serving: Next, take the cake out of the springform, sprinkle powdered sugar on the top then serve it with blueberries and raspberries.
- Using semi-sweet chocolate makes it sweet enoughyou will not need to add sugar to this recipe. However, if you like to use dark chocolate, you may need to add ¼ cup of sugar to the chocolate sauce.
- You can add chopped nuts such as pistachio, walnuts, almond, or hazelnuts.
- If you like your cake more chocolaty, you can top it with a layer of chocolate ganache or melted chocolate after cooling it down. Afterwards put in the fridge for another 2 hours.
- You can top this o-bake cake with any fresh fruits you like.
- You can sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of the cake instead of powdered sugar.
- Coconut oil is a perfect substitution for butter in this recipe.
Nutella Lazy Cake: Using Nutella is an amazing addition to this cake. To do that, you need to mix; ¼ cup butter, ⅔ cup condensed milk, 5 tbsp cocoa powder, ½ cup Nutella, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix all well then pour over the biscuit crumbs.
Condensed Milk Lazy Cake: Another amazing variant of making Lazy Cake is using Condensed milk. To do that, mix ½ cup melted butter, a can of condensed milk, and 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Mix well with the biscuit crumbs. Then put in the springform and refrigerate.
Mixed Nuts lazy cake: Nuts goes so well with this Chocolate Biscuit Cake. However, adding mixed nuts to this Lazy Cake Recipe elevates it and give it more crunchiness. Also, you can add nuts along with some raisins and shredded coconut.
Peanut Butter Lazy Cake: For peanut butter lovers, adding ⅓ cup of crunchy or smooth peanut butter to this cake will give it a fantastic flavour.
Can I substitute chocolate with cocoa powder?
If you want to use cocoa powder instead of chocolate, you will need to change some ingredients as well.
The suitable ingredients for using cocoa powder will be: ½ cup butter, 5 tablespoons cocoa powder, a can of condensed milk (390g), and 400g digestive biscuit (crumbs). If you are going to use unsweetened cocoa powder, you may need to add 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Can I freeze this lazy cake?
Definitely, this cake freezes so well, just wrap in foil or plastic wrap, put in a well-sealed container, then put in the freezer for up to 2 months.
How to store leftovers?
Store leftovers in the fridge for a maximum of 6-7 days.
Can I make this No-Bake Chocolate Cake ahead of time?
Of course, you can make it 2-3 days in advance. Actually, this cake takes time in the fridge to firm. So, making it in advance will give it enough time to firm.
Tools used in making this recipe:
- Springform: It is easy to use because it has a removable base. However, you can use any cake tin you have.
- Saucepan: Used in making the chocolate sauce.
- Sharp knife: To cut the cake.
- Mixing bowl: Used in mixing the ingredients.
More chocolate recipes:
No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: So delicious and easy make cookies that are suitable for quick breakfast or dessert.
Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge Recipe: This fudge needs only 5 ingredients to make; it is so smooth and rich.
Chocolate Lush: This is an amazing dessert made with four layers of crust, chocolate, cream cheese, and whipped cream.
3-Ingredient Chocolate Cake: This chocolate cake is moist, rich, and only needs three ingredients to be made.
More dessert recipes
Lazy Cake - No-bake chocolate biscuit cake
- 400 g tea biscuits
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Put the biscuits in a large zipped bag. Use a rolling pin to smash the biscuits into small pieces then transfer into a bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat heavy cream and butter until the butter melts. Then turn off the heat and put the chocolate chips in the hot mixture, whisk until melts.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuits, mix well until all the biscuits are coated with chocolate.
- Transfer the mixture into a 20cm springform (lined with parchment paper) then refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Next, take the cake out of the springform, sprinkle powdered sugar on the top then serve it with blueberries and raspberries.
DON’T WANT TO MISS A RECIPE?
If you have a question about this lazy cake recipe, please leave a comment or contact me via the contact page.