Peanut Butter Pancakes are a delicious and healthy breakfast recipe that is so fresh, light, and easy to make. Also, they are perfect as an easy dessert. This Peanut Butter Pancakes recipe will be your go-to pancake recipe, and the whole family will love them.
Why should you make these Peanut Butter Pancakes?
- You will love to make these pancakes because:
- The texture of these pancakes are so fluffy, soft, and light.
- They are so easy to make and only need eight ingredients.
- They are loaded with peanut butter flavour.
- All kids love them.
Peanut Butter Pancake ingredients
Peanut butter: For best result, use smooth peanut butter.
Milk: Use whole, skimmed or non-dairy milks such as cashew milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
Vanilla extract: It gives an amazing flavour to the pancakes.
Granulated sugar: You can replace sugar with honey.
Egg, room temperature
How to make these healthy Peanut Butter Pancakes?
Combining dry ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine, flour, baking powder, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
Combining wet ingredients: In another bowl, combine milk, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
Mixing wet and dry ingredients: Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix well using a whisk.
Making the pancakes: Heat a greased pan over medium to low heat then scoop ¼ cup full of batter. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until small bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake on the other side and keep cooking for more 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter finishes.
Serve with butter, roasted peanuts, and maple syrup.
Peanut Butter Pancake topping options:
Peanut Butter Sauce: Microwave 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth then pour on top of the pancakes.
Chocolate sauce: Use 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 tsp of hot milk, and 1 tsp of granulated sugar and whisk.
Fresh Fruits: Serve with some fresh fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, bananas, or blueberries.
Honey: Pour 1-2 tablespoons of honey on top of pancakes. Honey can be replaced with maple syrup.
Powdered sugar: Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the pancakes.
A dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Peanut butter Nutritional Information
Acorrding to USDN, one tablespoon of peanut butter has 94 calories, 3 grams of carbs, 8 grams of fat, and only 4 grams of protein.
- When cooking the pancakes, don't rush flipping them on the other side until you see the small bubbles on the surface. Otherwise, they will tear.
- Use a nonstick, well-greased pan in making these Peanut Butter Pancakes.
- Feel free to use any nuts you prefer.
- You can use whole or skimmed milk in making these pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes on medium heat; if the heat is too high, the pancakes will burn, and if it is too low, they will not rise well.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth?
No, in this recipe, I totally recommend using smooth peanut butter. It will give the pancakes a fluffy and soft texture.
Can I replace sugar with honey?
Yes, you can replace it with honey or maple syrup.
Roasted vs raw peanuts?
This is a personal preference. To me, roasted peanuts have a better taste. If you want to roast some peanuts, just put them in a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 22-25 minutes on 200C. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
Can I make these Peanut Butter Pancakes without using eggs?
No, not in this recipe which calls for one whole egg.
Is peanut butter gluten-free?
Yes, both peanuts and peanut butter are gluten-free.
More Breakfast Recipes
Peanut Butter Pancakes
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp Butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine, flour, baking powder, sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine milk, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix well using a whisk.
- Heat a greased pan over medium to low heat then scoop ¼ cup full of batter. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until small bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake on the other side and keep cooking for more 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter finishes.
- Serve with butter, roasted peanuts, and maple syrup.