If you are wondering what parmentier potatoes are. They are cubed potatoes mixed with olive oil, fresh herbs, and garlic and baked to perfection in the oven. Fluffy from the inside and crispy from the outside, this is an easy side dish for almost everything!
Parmentier Potatoes Recipe
My daughter calls these cubed potatoes, garlic potatoes because they have an incredible garlic flavour along with the thyme and olive oil flavours. These are not just any roasted potatoes; these are SO tasty and flavourful roast potatoes. YUM!
If you are looking for an easy and quick side dish to make for dinner, look no more. This herby diced potatoes recipe is THE BEST.
Parmentier Potatoes is my easy way of making a side dish which is suitable to serve with almost anything. When I have to make a fast dinner, I serve these crispy cubed potatoes with roasted chicken drumsticks and some green salad.
I like to add fresh thyme to my Parmentier Potatoes because it gives this cubed potatoes an excellent flavour, but it is always a personal preference so if you don't like thyme you can replace it with fresh rosemary or ground cumin.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Potatoes: I use Yukon gold, but Russel potatoes or red potatoes also do well in this recipe.
- Salt And Ground black pepper: To taste.
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic.
- Olive oil: my favorite for roasting potatoes.
- Herbs: I use fresh thyme and fresh parsley.
How To Make Parmentier Potatoes (Cubed Potatoes)
Before starting, preheat the oven to 210C / 410F.
One: Peel the potatoes then wash and dry with a kitchen towel
Two: Chop the potatoes the way you like (big or small chunks)
Three: Arrange the potato chunks in an ovenproof dish then drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme
Four: Now, roast the potatoes about 35-40 minutes or until golden then serve
Tips and Variations
- If you don't have fresh thyme, you may use any dried thyme or any other herbs you like, such as basil, sage, rosemary or parsley.
- Add half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon or Italian seasoning mix.
- Use baby potatoes instead of cutting the big ones.
- If you like it spicy, add half a teaspoon of chilli powder to the mixture.
How To Serve Parmentier Potatoes
Serve these with anything roasted, grilled or even fried.
Here are some options on what to serve these garlic roasted potatoes with.
- Roasted Chicken With Herbs And Butter
- Baked Chicken Thighs With Honey And Garlic
- Butter Garlic Chicken Breast Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken Casserole with Mozzarella and Tomato
More Potato Recipes
- Crispy Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes
- Perfect Roasted Potatoes With Thyme
- Easy Chicken And Potato Casserole
Parmentier Potatoes (Cubed Potatoes)
- Before starting, preheat the oven to 210C / 410F.
- Firstly, peel the potatoes then wash and dry with a kitchen towel.1 kilo potatoes
- Chop the potatoes the way you like (big or small chunks).
- Arrange the potato chunks in an ovenproof dish then drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme.¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, 6 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Now, roast the potatoes for about 35-40 minutes or until golden then serve.1 tablespoon fresh parsley