These lemon garlic baked chicken drumsticks are citrusy and delicious. The smell of the fresh rosemary combining with other ingredients fills the whole kitchen once you start baking them.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
The Best Chicken Drumstick Marinade
The secret for this flavourful, juicy baked chicken drumsticks is the marinade which is packed with a variety flavour like, lemon, garlic, rosemary, olive oil and soy sauce. Also, the chilli flakes give this baked chicken drumsticks recipe a spicy kick. Moreover, the olive oil will keep the chicken drumsticks moist and prevents them from getting dry.
To give these drumsticks the tenderness and the wonderful flavour, you have to marinate them and keep in the fridge for a few hours or overnight; the longer time you marinate them, the better flavour you get. I like to prepare the chicken and let them marinate overnight.
To Make These Baked Chicken Drumstick, You Will Need
- Chicken drums (10)
- Fresh spring rosemary
- Chilli flakes
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
How To Make The Lemon Chicken Drumstick Recipe
- Wash the drumsticks then drian
- In a big bowl, add the crushed garlic cloves, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice and all the spices, stir well
- Toss the chicken drumsticks in the previous mixture and mix well
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap then keep in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight
- Arrange the chicken drumstick in an ovenproof baking tray
- Pour the marinade left in the bowl over the drumstick
- Bake at 210C for 40 minutes or until they turn golden brown
- Serve immediately
Tips For Best Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
If you like a heavy garlic flavour, you can mince the garlic before adding it to the marinate.
Don’t add the chilli flakes if you don’t like your chicken too spicy.
Rosemary in this recipe is excellent, but if you can’t use it for any reason, you can replace it with thyme or oregano.
What Side Dishes To Serve With This Lemon Chicken Drumstick?
These baked chicken drumsticks can go with different varieties of side dishes, such as cauliflower, eggplant lasagna, or even with some green salad. Moreover, if you are not on a low carb diet, you can eat them with pasta or rice.
More Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Chicken Liver With Onion And Pepper
- Steak With Garlic, Butter And Rosemary
- Aubergine With Minced Beef For Dinner
- Homemade Creamy Lentil Soup
Lemon Garlic Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Wash the drumsticks then drian.
- In a big bowl, add the crushed garlic cloves, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice and all the spices, stir well.
- Toss the chicken drumsticks in the previous mixture and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap then keep in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Arrange the chicken drumstick in an ovenproof baking tray.
- Pour the marinade left in the bowl over the drumstick.
- Bake at 210C for 40 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately.