An Incredibly easy creamy potato salad made with a few ingredients in just 20 minutes: quick, simple and vegetarian side dish that I am sure will be your favourite lunch, side or light dinner. I love this salad cold or warm!
Creamy Potato Salad
My mother always advises me to use new potatoes or red potatoes because they are less starchy and hold their shape when cooked. However, I didn't find any of these in the supermarket, so I went with Yukon Gold potatoes, which was so good.
I found cooking the potatoes as a whole is a bit messy and hard so I prefer to peel, chop then cook them.
The dressing in this salad is SO creamy and tasty, and I used both mayonnaise and sour cream; this combination is SO delicious. Actually, sour cream makes the mayonnaise much lighter and tastier.
I also added onion and garlic to flavor the salad and added some crunchiness as well.
Note: This is an overview of the ingredients. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Potatoes: I used Yukon Gold potatoes. You may also use red potatoes; they go so well in this recipe.
For the creamy dressing: I used Mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil, salt and ground black pepper. If you don't like Mayonnaise, you can replace it with Greek yogurt.
Onion and garlic: Both onion and garlic give a wonderful flavour and crunchiness to this recipe.
Fresh Parsley: To garnish with.
How To Make Creamy Potato Salad
One: Peel the potatoes then chop into medium-sized chunks.
Two: Put the potatoes in a pot then cover it with water don't forget to add some salt in the water then bring to boil.
Pro Tip: Adding a little bit of salt to the water while cooking the potatoes give them a better taste.
Three: Cook the potato for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked. Now, put the potatoes in a colander and dry well.
Pro Tip: Potatoes will be cooked when you manage to push a fork easily into the centre of a potato chunk.
Four (make the creamy dressing): In a bowl add onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil, salt and black pepper then combine.
Five: Add the potatoes then mix. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes(if you like) then sprinkle the chopped parsley and serve.
Pro Tip: Refrigerating the salad for 20 minutes allows the flavors to infuse.
How To Serve Creamy Potato Salad
This homemade creamy potato salad can be served as a side dish with any grilled or fried meat. I like to serve them with the following dishes.
More Salad Recipes
- Best Spicy Potato Salad Recipe
- Easy Summer Coleslaw Salad Recipe
- Tuna and Feta Salad
- Korean Carrot Salad (Markovcha)
- Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Salad
- Italian Shrimp Pasta Salad
Creamy Potato Salad (Incredibly Easy)
- Peel the potatoes then chop into medium-sized chunks.
- Put the potatoes in a pot then cover it with water don't forget to add some salt in the water then bring to boil.
- Cook the potato for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Put the potatoes in a colander and dry well.
- In a bowl add onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil, salt and black pepper then combine.
- Add the potatoes then mix.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes(if you like) then sprinkle the chopped parsley and serve.
- I recommend Adding salt to the water while cooking the potatoes.
- You can eat this salad hot or cold (as you prefer).