An easy potato salad recipe which doesn't need any fancy ingredients, super simple!. This potato salad will be your favourite lunch, whether at home or outside as it's easy to make, and you can add to it whatever you have in the fridge.
This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure.
Best Potato Salad Dressing
- Mayonnaise and sour cream. Because This is a creamy potato salad, I use both mayonnaise and sour cream, the combination of both is incredibly delicious. Sour cream is like a star in this recipe; it makes the mayonnaise much lighter and tastier; I don't recommend removing or replacing it.
- Onion and garlic. Both onion and garlic give a wonderful flavour and crunchiness to this recipe.
- Olive oil. I use it in this recipe for extra delicious flavour (i use extra virgin olive oil).
Potato Salad Ingredients
- Sour cream
- ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Onion, minced
- Garlic, minced
- Parsley for serving
How To Make This Creamy Potato Salad
Peel the potatoes then chop into medium-sized chunks.
Put the potatoes in a pot then cover it with water don't forget to add some salt in the water then bring to boil.
Cook the potato for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
Now, put the potatoes in a colander and dry well.
In a bowl add onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil, salt and black pepper then combine.
Add the potatoes then mix.
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes(if you like) then sprinkle the chopped parsley and serve.
How To Cook The Potatoes For The Potato Salad?
You can cook the potatoes as a whole without chopping or removing the peel or after you peel and chop them(which I prefer). I found cooking the potatoes as a whole is a bit messy and hard so I prefer to peel, chop then cook it.
How Do I Know If My Potatoes Are Cooked?
Potatoes will be cooked when you manage to push a fork easily into the centre of a potato chunk.
- Adding salt in the water while cooking the potatoes gives it an excellent taste and don't worry about making it too salty, it lightly seasons the potatoes.
- You can eat this salad hot or cold (as you prefer).
Serving This Creamy Potato Salad
This homemade creamy potato salad can be served as a side dish with any grilled or fried meat.
I like to serve them with the following dishes.
Side Dish Recipes
Easy Potato Salad Recipe
- Peel the potatoes then chop into medium-sized chunks.
- Put the potatoes in a pot then cover it with water don't forget to add some salt in the water then bring to boil.
- Cook the potato for 8-10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Put the potatoes in a colander and dry well.
- In a bowl add onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, olive oil, salt and black pepper then combine.
- Add the potatoes then mix.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes(if you like) then sprinkle the chopped parsley and serve.