This creamy garlic butter parmesan chicken recipe is so easy to make you can't go wrong with it. It is loaded with garlic, cream and parmesan cheese. Perfect for family dinners!
Creamy Garlic Butter Parmesan Chicken Recipe
After making this recipe, it quickly became one of my favourites as it is so creamy and delicious. The tender, juicy chicken with a golden colour is just perfect for a relaxed weekend dinner.
Also, the heavy cream lemon sauce adds such a rich tangy flavour to the chicken. This recipe doesn't need any special ingredients; however, it still is one of the best and quickest ways to cook a flavorful chicken dish.
You only need a pan and a few ingredients that you will definitely find in your kitchen. For this recipe, I used chicken breasts; however, you can use any other part of the chicken, preferably a boneless part as is easier to cook and absorb the sauce.
- Chicken breasts: I used chicken breasts in this recipe. I actually tried it before with thighs, but I didn't like it.
- Seasonings: I used paprika, ground black pepper and salt.
- Butter: To cook the chicken.
- Heavy cream: For a rich and creamy dish.
- Chicken broth: I used homemade chicken broth.
- Parmesan: I love parmesan but you may add crème fraiche instead.
- Garlic: to flavor my dish.
- Fresh thyme
How To Make Creamy Garlic Butter Parmesan Chicken
One: Wash the chicken breasts and cut them lengthwise, then drain
Two: Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides
Three: Add the butter on the skillet over medium heat until it melts
Four: Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Then put the chicken in a plate and set aside
Five: In the same skillet add heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic, chicken stock, thyme and parmesan over low heat, stir then add chicken breasts
Six: Leave the chicken to simmer for about 5-10 minutes in each side. ENJOY!
How To serve
To store: Put leftover chicken and sauce in a container in the fridge. It will last for 3-4 days.
To freeze: This Creamy chicken freezes so well; keep it in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Reheating: to reheat this creamy chicken, pop it in the microwave or on the stovetop. I also, recommend adding just 1-2 tablespoons of water before reheating.
Yes, you can. Put the chicken and sauce in a baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the sauce is bubbling.
Use a sharp knife and slice the chicken breast against the grain lengthwise to the thickness that you like.
More Chicken Recipes
- Easy Chicken Drumstick Recipe
- Cheesy Chicken Fajita Recipe – Keto Main Dish
- Stuffed Chicken Breast With Tomato, Olive and Spinach
Creamy Garlic Butter Parmesan Chicken
- Wash the chicken breasts and cut them lengthwise, then drain3 chicken breasts
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika
- Add the butter on the skillet over medium heat until it melts.2 tablespoon butter
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Then put the chicken in a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet add heavy cream, lemon juice, garlic, chicken stock, thyme and parmesan over low heat, stir then add chicken breasts.¼ cup chicken broth, ¼ cup heavy cream, juice of one lemon, 3 cloves garlic, 1 spring fresh thyme, ¼ cup parmesan
- Leave the chicken to simmer for about 5-10 minutes in each side. Enjoy!